Where is upscaling done? hardware (GPU) or software (CPU)?
Question 
Is upscaling done in XBMC, the video card or OS X?
The upscaling is now handled by the video card, using OpenGL. No support for bicubic or anything else fancy (yet).
Thanks. I guess I can't expect a Mac Mini with the onboard video to do a great job of upscaling.
You might, actually. It depends how much magic d4rk can work. For 720p there might even be enough CPU power left over to use ffmpeg's swscale.

-elan
elan Wrote:You might, actually. It depends how much magic d4rk can work. For 720p there might even be enough CPU power left over to use ffmpeg's swscale.

-elan
I use 720p and there is plenty of CPU power available.

What is involved in d4rk working magic?

I did a search and found that swscale has to be compiled into ffmpeg. Is that something I would need to do?
0sync0 Wrote:I use 720p and there is plenty of CPU power available.

What is involved in d4rk working magic?

I did a search and found that swscale has to be compiled into ffmpeg. Is that something I would need to do?

D4rk working magic refers to him writing shader code.

swscale is compiled and included, so you should be able to use it in the code without further ado.

-elan
elan Wrote:swscale is compiled and included, so you should be able to use it in the code without further ado.
How do you go about using swscale in XBMC?
0sync0 Wrote:How do you go about using swscale in XBMC?

What I meant was that you could use it if you were coding. You can't use it if you're just a user, it's not hooked up.

-elan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is upscaling done? hardware (GPU) or software (CPU)?0