Using the AEON skin
shaneuk Wrote:for a decent fix to the funny fonts problem,

inside the Aeon folder create a dir called 1080i and copy font.xml from the 720p directory.

this will fix your font corruption, although the font size will not be fully optimized, it looks greatSmile

Good thinking shaneuk, I'll give this a try.
shaneuk Wrote:for a decent fix to the funny fonts problem,

inside the Aeon folder create a dir called 1080i and copy font.xml from the 720p directory.

this will fix your font corruption, although the font size will not be fully optimized, it looks greatSmile

This should not be needed and if it is then there is somthing wrong with the way that the OSX version gets it. by default it should get the next lowest font.xml file and auto scale it up to fit
ahh i see, i've been doing this for the last few versions.

I can confirm that the os x build does not auto upscale - certainly when usig the Aeon skin,

Replicated the 'fix' on a Intel Macbook (x3100) and a Intel iMac (ati1600)
I have the same problem as "yaneku" describes above.
The colour/highlighting is wrong. I have the dark background to the left (so that I can't see the titles in list-mode) and I have the light backround to the right (and because the text is white in library-mode I allmost can't see the text here either). See "yaneku's" picture if you don't understand what I mean.
When I look at pictures of this skin at http://aeonismine.com/ then the colour/highlighting is the other way around: light background to the left and dark to the right. And that looks much better.

Does anybody know how to solve this or why it is like that?

I use:
Version: XBMC-0.1.7
Skin:AEON Alpha9a
Computer: Macbook, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, MacOSX 10.5.2
The Walrus Wrote:I have the same problem as "yaneku" describes above.
The colour/highlighting is wrong. I have the dark background to the left (so that I can't see the titles in list-mode) and I have the light backround to the right (and because the text is white in library-mode I allmost can't see the text here either). See "yaneku's" picture if you don't understand what I mean.
When I look at pictures of this skin at http://aeonismine.com/ then the colour/highlighting is the other way around: light background to the left and dark to the right. And that looks much better.

Does anybody know how to solve this or why it is like that?

I use:
Version: XBMC-0.1.7
Skin:AEON Alpha9a
Computer: Macbook, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, MacOSX 10.5.2

Sorry if I'm not that good at explaining. English isn't my language.
Now when I look at pictures of how this skin should look like, I see that in some modes it is light background all over the screen, from left to right. As in this picture:
http://aeonismine.com/images/screenvidposter6.jpg
But I have dark background to the left in every mode, except the main screen.

And when it should look like this: http://aeonismine.com/images/screenvidlibrary.jpg

I instead have, as I tried to explain before, the dark backround to the left and the light background to the right. As in "yaneku's" picture above.

I hope that made it clearer.

Thanx!
I'm having the exact same issue with font colors/background.
AFAIK, this skins needs Pixel shader >= 3.0 and Intel GMA950 can only do 2.0. There is nothig you can really do about it, it will not work if author is not going to "fix" it. It didn't work on my old macbook so I searched around and found this, my iMac and MacBook Air shows this just normally. (3.0 is _emulated_ and only in _windows_ drivers, I know someone is pointing this out later. It won't help you.)
Just wondering if anyone thought to file a bug report on this? A good solid detailed report would be the fastest way to get this looked at...
The skinner knows about this issue, it's been mentioned in the official Aeon thread. Check there for updates.
I figured out how to get rid of the block'd fonts that appear on the fullscreen view. I previously had tried to just make a new folder called 1080i as previously suggested, however this did not work on my system (MacMini core duo GMA950) on fullscreen mode.

All you need to do is edit the font.xml file that is in the 720p directory. The aeon skin is having a difficult time render fonts sizes above >51 I guess. The main menu uses 60 and the Weather module uses 75, both of which appeared as blocks on my system. I simply modified both font sizes to 50 in the font.xml file in 720p folder using textedit.

All is good. Works peferfectly in both windowed and fullscreen mode.

Hope this helps anyone else that was having the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using the AEON skin0