Android KODI hangs on exit.
Odroid c2, Android 6.01 KODI 17.3

Just switched from libreelec to Android + KODI. When I select exit KODI the screen hangs and doesn't go back to my android home screen. I can get there if I click at the top of the screen and then click on the square. It isn't 100% hung because I can still access the web remote for KODI on 8080
I don't see a question from your end, but thank you anyway for your keen observation.
(2017-07-13, 20:40)Klojum Wrote: I don't see a question from your end, but thank you anyway for your keen observation.

I guess I should have been more obvious, how does one stop the hang? Did not see anything about hanging in the FAQ
Sorry, I guess my alcoholic beverage brought out the lazyness in me. Smile

Kodi creates a -debug log- file, from the initial startup to the exit of the application.
See the link below for details. Provide the URL for the uploaded kodi.log file, so we can perhaps see where things go wrong.
Hanging at exit is almost always an Add-on not playing nicely (usually waiting for some response from an external website). Start by disabling your Add-on's (one at a time), and exit Kodi. In no time, you will find the culprit. Then it will be up to you, if you wish to keep the offending Add-on or not.
Or look at the end of a debug log, the culprit will sometimes be obvious.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For a second I thought I thought I didn't add any add ons but I put in CBC, Nasa, Plex, and TV Ontario, have removed Plex as we have a dedicated app and don't have a plex subscription. Music add ons were cbc and npr, added a screen saver but that was after the issue started happening, removed it anyways. then there are the weather add ons, open weather, weather underground and yahoo weather. other than that I think most of the other add ons are defaults like the audio encoders, I switched to Kodi on android to avoid most add ons as I wanted apps like netflix to be on their own

Well I was going to report that it mysteriously stopped doing it as I was able to exit cleanly when I exited to go look at the log file, no log file to find went back in to turn it on, then chose exit, it hung up again, this time i noticed that kodi was scanning the media directories for new content (as it's set to scan on launch) where the previous time it had been left on for a while and had completed the scan. if I "X"out by getting the task manager up there is no log file that I've found hunting through file manager. sadly on the screen the text is too hard to see with the terminal so i'm looking for a decent sshd to install on android.

Looking in the logfiles inside kodi shows it started successfully and can't scan some of my music videos.
Yes trying to quit while Kodi is in the middle of scanning might cause a delay. Without your complete debug log (wiki) it is hard to tell.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI hangs on exit.0