budwize Wrote:hopefully someoen is able to help
ive been running xbmc on linux and thought id try the windows version

this is what i did.

Copied over my linux compiled working install to my windows box
installed the sdl.net
copied the glew32.dll to the root of my xbmc folder
i then dloaded the the file at the start of this thread and ran it

bingo xbmc loads up
now i go to play a movie and nothing happens at all.
if i click on a movie or audio file its as if i didnt and im able to just continue browsing the file menu

is there anything i did wrong? the linux compile is form teh svn about 3 days old from today

Take a look at the "10 Steps to XBMC on Windows" thread on how to gt it running.
cheers,

crazyivan
nice build but in this version is "rarplay" broken

rarfiles dont open by klick on it
thanks crazyivan. i redid everything and followed that guide. itseems i had pretty much done all the steps by myself already.

i did make some more progress though

now the file will play however i get audio and no video. so soomething is happening. so the audi is playing but teh screen just goes blank ( black )
I tried the SVN from Today 10.3.2008 ! Video just works fine with a little bit lag on mkv Files.Audio Plays good.But when Audio Plays...i can feell some Lag...you can feel it when you move your mouse.And the Time from mp3s runs faster when playing mp3 Files.
In Tech release i was able to stream from FTP...in SVN it doesnt work.
thats what i can say =).... but dont stop this good work !!!

Another questiion (littlebit offtopic)
When xbmc is loaded (Fullscreen) i Press my StandbyButton ( s3 ) to finish it.When i wake up my system from Standby the XBMC.exe or xbmc is minimized.
Is ther a Way or registryhack where the Aplication is maximized when i wakeup from standyby ?

cheers !
Video is still broken for me. I updated to this new version and the latest t3ch build and video still does not work properly. I get a clear picture in the top left side of the screen and then artifacting on the rest of the screen.

I am using:

Video Card : ATI AIW x1800
Video Driver: 03/05/08 latest driver from ati
Video Out: DVI to Westinghouse 1080p monitor

Mp3s seem to play fine through a mapped network drive
Is there anyway to use my Xbox controller (with USB Adapter) work with XBMC for Windows?

If not, i want ask for that feature

Thx alot and great job! Smile
I’d like to thank all the devs working on this I love XBMC. There isn’t anything any were near as good for windows, VlC and foobar 2000 come close but having one app for all your media need would be amazing. I can’t wait to give this a go unfortunately; I’ve followed the steps and keep getting the same two errors which crashes it on start up. I realise there is no support from the devs my problem is as follows if any user have a solution I’m all ears.

C:/Documents and Settings/Kerry/Application Data\sources.xml: Line 0, Failed to open file

XBMC/language/English/keyboardmap.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

http://pastebin.com/m1f9dc005

I’ve tried all 3 releases and it’s the same errors every time
I tried to place the sources.xml manually in C:/Documents and Settings/Kerry/Application Data\ but I could only find it in older t3ch builds and it this just changed the error to “sources.xml is malformed” I couldn’t even find a English keyboardmap.xml file. I searched the branch and trunk source code as well as the t3ch builds the only reference I found was in the Linux source code and that was a German keyboardmap.xml

I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong as know else seem to be having this problem if anyone has come across this and knows how to rectify please share the wealth.
consumption Wrote:Video is still broken for me. I updated to this new version and the latest t3ch build and video still does not work properly. I get a clear picture in the top left side of the screen and then artifacting on the rest of the screen.

I am using:

Video Card : ATI AIW x1800
Video Driver: 03/05/08 latest driver from ati
Video Out: DVI to Westinghouse 1080p monitor

Mp3s seem to play fine through a mapped network drive

I get the same issues with this download, if i run the download that still uses run me first bat file, it works great..

my setup is
xp pro sp2
ati 9550 with latest drivers
dvi to samsung monitor..
Which version are you talking about? There are a few different builds floating around.
bigbw Wrote:I get the same issues with this download, if i run the download that still uses run me first bat file, it works great..
That version still works best for me too... the one from the initial "10 Steps" post. Video playback works great in it. Library mode works great too. No visualizations for music but that isn't a big deal and SMB isn't working but that is no problem since you can just map all your shares to a disk drive in windows.
marlboroman1 Wrote:C:/Documents and Settings/Kerry/Application Data\sources.xml: Line 0, Failed to open file

Did you tried deleting the directory C:\Documents and Settings\Kerry\Application Data\XBMC completely? Not sure if it helps you with the build from the 9th but it helped me out after spending too much time with debugging.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It is great that XBMC is being ported to Windows, and I am having no problems at all using it... It just works! Keep up the good work guys!

I hope at one point Mythtv will be available to Windows as well, hence bringing PVR functions to Windows through XBMC... Then it will be a string solution indeed!

I one issue with opening .img files, and play the contents. Issue was fixed when I copied the libdvdcss-2.dll file from the XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer to %windir%\system32\
Fonsie Wrote:I one issue with opening .img files, and play the contents. Issue was fixed when I copied the libdvdcss-2.dll file from the XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer to %windir%\system32\

It's enough to copy it to the XBMC root directory.

Fonsie Wrote:I hope at one point Mythtv will be available to Windows as well, hence bringing PVR functions to Windows through XBMC... Then it will be a string solution indeed!
libcmyth is linked to the windows build an the function should be available. But I could be wrong. Have no chance to test it and didn't look that deep into it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Have had fun playing with the current Win32 releases over the last couple of days. It's amazing how far along it is already.

I've had success with the 10 steps and the Win32 exe from this thread on my Shuttle SD11G5 with Geforce 6600GT and a custom built Intel D201GLY2 mini-itx board with SIS Mirage 1 on-board video. Video playback is spot on, IMDB lookup is working and music playback all good. GUI is great on the Shuttle and just a little choppy on the D201GLY2.

Fantastic progress, looking forward to more releases.
thanks for the reply WiSo but Its Aa no go for now Sad

I All so search my C drive for references to xbmc and delete every one and repeded the ten steps again for a fresh install but that diden't work "nuts"

thanks for all the hard work you've been putting in on this port if I'll keep trying to get it up and running

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows SVN build (SDL/OpenGL)2