ISO file support
DVD playback still seems to be broken in SVN. It works for the xbox, but not for Win32. In Win32, I get this thread error:

ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x007e8827: Reading location 0xa1ec8b55
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Damn.
@Charly: No further possibility to wait for the Linux guys Laugh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d Wrote:DVD playback still seems to be broken in SVN. It works for the xbox, but not for Win32. In Win32, I get this thread error:

ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x007e8827: Reading location 0xa1ec8b55

Yep, same here.

Code:
11:58:56 T:4032 M:1365540864  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: H:\Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.ISO
11:58:56 T:4032 M:1365630976 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
11:58:56 T:3580 M:1365614592  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
11:58:56 T:3580 M:1365221376   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x007e8317: Reading location 0xa1ec8b55
11:58:56 T:3580 M:1365217280  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
Had that same error, SVN rev 14316.
Solved it by copying liddvdcss-2.dll to \XBMC\system\player\dvdplayer\
DVD playback is working for me now.
@me:
Should be libdvdcss-2.dll :o
TheWoert Wrote:@me:
Should be libdvdcss-2.dll :o

Oh, is it missing in this build? Huh
You know, I forgot to check that. The Win32BuildSetup should include that dll. Maybe the binary was removed from svn?
The binary is removed from svn due to the gray zone in some countries but Charly and I included it manually. Maybe it was forgotten during the last build and we should add the library again since it is still there for the xbox anyway.
Confirmed missing from the latest Win32 build.

Copying it from the latest T3CH build fixes DVD/ISO playback.
if the binary dll is intentionally removed from the svn, then the build batch file should at least compile it from source.
WiSo Wrote:The binary is removed from svn due to the gray zone in some countries but Charly and I included it manually. Maybe it was forgotten during the last build and we should add the library again since it is still there for the xbox anyway.
Yes the libdvdcss source code library should be in the SVN, ...we can't be bothered about the legal gray zones that only applies to some countries (as then we would have to remove most of the codecs from FFmpeg and a lot of other code as as well).

kraqh3d Wrote:if the binary dll is intentionally removed from the svn, then the build batch file should at least compile it from source.
as you probably have noticed from the SVN mailing-list the whole team is currently in the progress of removing all binaries from the SVN (and only have the full source code and make files for them instead), this is not though for legal reasons but instead to have the code better structured for cross-platform development, (have a chat with spiff and malloc on IRC for more information).

PS! FYI; just a heads up, I read on the libdvdcss-devel mailing list that they will soon make another release
http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/libdvdcss-devel

Wink
Hitcher Wrote:Confirmed missing from the latest Win32 build.

Copying it from the latest T3CH build fixes DVD/ISO playback.

still the t3ch one is xbox optimized so I doubt that real DVDs would work flawless. ISO will work of course.
libdvdcss-2.dll added to svn again.
isn't the full source code for the libdvdcss library in the SVN?
if not then I guess it should be added to the vendor structure?
The full source code is there but not in the vendor structure (never understood the process there Cool )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO file support0