So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?
(bompy @ april 24 2004,10:39 Wrote:greetings Wink

i've got the x*k only at the end of march, then i had my long holyday, today i checked out the project files, i'll try to build them and accomodate with these tools Wink
guyz, i alaways thought to this project... and i was very surprised when i've seen me on the list. i hope soon that i'll be able to be productive Wink
there is only a problem: the last version of xbmc is so stable and bugs free, that i don't think there is something to do  Smile  Smile  Smile

bompy
hehe, nice to hear that you are still interested, so welcome to xbmc development.
i think there is still enough to do for you.  Image
take a look at the sourceforge bugtracker and i'll bet you will find something.
if you don't like bughunting, feel free to add a new feature you are missing or a user suggested, but beware, we have a feature freeze atm for the upcomming 1.0 version. so new things won't be added until the 1.0 code is finished. Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi,

okay i am a fulltime java developer and just bring back my c++ knowledge :-)

visual studio .net 2003 and xdk (dez / 2003) is up running and xbmc compiles fine.

i am just looking into the xbox and will help if i can Image
@to all developers looking to join the official xbmc-team;

please submit code as patches on sourceforge.net (see faq) to 'prove' your skill, if demed skilled enough we will contact you Image
(reason for that process is that we had a few people asking to join the team without credits but after joining not contributed Sad )

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi,

okay....
Question 
fyi, yesterday we invited charly, mynci and nmrs to join team-xbmc as official developers and they all accepted, welcome guys :d
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ april 30 2004,16:46 Wrote:fyi, yesterday we invited charly, mynci and nmrs to join team-xbmc as official developers and they all accepted, welcome guys :d
thnx :d
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hey guys.

i'm a professional xbox game developer with too much time on my hands.
i have plenty of experience.. i'd like to join the team, theres a load of features i'd like to see in there and bugs that are just annoying me Smile

let me know if interested.
Question 
@TurkeyMan and all existing a future developers looking to join team-xbmc and/or code for xbmc;

please just go right ahead and start coding, then submit any patches on our sourceforge.net project page for xbmc (link). if you 'prove' that you're skilled (this will be judged by the quality, size and/or quantity of the patches you submit) we at team-xbmc will contact you directly and ask if you like to officially join our team. (reason for that process and you not being able to officially join the xbmc-team right away is that we have had too many people asking to join the team without credits but after joining they did not contribute anything.

basic requirements to code for xbmc: ms xdk, visual studio.net 2003 and a cvs-client to download the xbmc source code.
(we cannot provide you with the xdk or vs.net as those require must be bought, don't ask us where to get illegal copies!Wink
(on a side-note, no matter what you might have heard, you can not compile xbmc with openxdk, you need microsoft xdk)

more information about the xdk and how-to compile xbmc can be found here:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/docs/xdk.txt
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/docs/what_...e_code.txt
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#03
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#31
http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_faq.htm#patches
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3120

if you need any help or like to announce what you're working on please post in our developers forum (that way others can learn from your work and eventual misstakes), ...if you don't know what you like to code we always appriciate bug fixes for existing issues (especialy now during the time before a point release).

ps! if http://www.xboxmediacenter.com is still down when you read this, please replace above links to the mirror on http://www.xboxmediacenter.de

happy coding and best wishes from the xbmc-team

hi,
i love xbmc from december'2003!!! i am a rookie Smile but i learn fast!!!
i would like to participate on it... for example, betatester and/or supporter in video core (mplayer).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i make the ttf supply for xbmc,i want to join xbmc-developer and submit my code to cvs,i know xdk,vs.net,c++.
(smirnoff @ aug. 22 2004,07:55 Wrote:i make the ttf supply for xbmc,i want to join xbmc-developer and submit my code to cvs,i know xdk,vs.net,c++.
@smirnoff, as mentioned; our joining procedure is: you submit patch(es) first, then if quality and quantity is demed enough we will contact you.
Question 
for everyones information, we have now invited ezar2003 to officialy join team-xbmc and he has accepted. welcome  ezar2003!
(fyi, reason we invited ezar2003 is that he submited many patches and he is also showing loads of enthusiasm for xbmc coding).
(gamester17 @ aug. 26 2004,11:02 Wrote:for everyones information, we have now invited ezar2003 to officialy join team-xbmc and he has accepted. welcome  ezar2003!
(fyi, reason we invited ezar2003 is that he submited many patches and he is also showing loads of enthusiasm for xbmc coding).
great choise :thumbsup:

looking forward to some nice mplayer updates by ezar2003.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
a quick question,

i got the src tree from sf cvs and built the project locally and ended with an .exe file. is this the correct xbox binary if i just rename it to .xbe? yes, i know i could just try it out on my xbox but i don't wanna take a chance. :-)

thanks.
quick answer: no

see the nice long thread about how to compile xbmc we have pinned on our forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?0