So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?
i would have read it if the thread is still around or pinned. :-)
seems like our forum deleted it Image

here it is, thanks to google cache: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....&t=6958
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
old one by frodo was not deleted, i just moved it. pike, suggest you instead edit frodo's initial post so it's up-to-date if needed:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=5934
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hey frodo. i want to help

i using c# for 5 years and i study a little of direct x 9.0. i have the vs .net 7.0.9466 and i 'm downloading the xdk.
can i use a newer version of the xdk like 5849?

i'm waiting your reply.

felipe gásparo

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
gasparo:

xbmc is programmed in c++. yes, newer versions of the xdk will work fine.

the procedure is generally to start hacking through the source and seeing what you'd like to work on, then getting stuck in coding a patch. you can ask questions etc. via the forums. once you've done a patch (or three) and it's decided you'd be a valuable asset, you'll be invited to join the team + be given dev status etc.

one thing that you may wish to look into is the xbmc skinning project xform. this is coded in c# and it would be fantastic if you'd be able to help with that - it is the major thing holding people back from making skins. see the front page post on xbox-scene for more info.

ofcourse, it's your time - you're welcome to work on anything you like!

cheers,
jonathan

i saw that everyone is using visual studio.net 2003 to compile xbmc. does anyone know if newer version will work?

like visual studio 2005 beta 1? thanks.

-ast
just try it?
but like you said it's beta better play save and use 2003
hi i have the 5849 xdk and visual studio .net 2002
where can i get visual studio .net 2003 (trail or full)?
(deefrag @ mar. 19 2005,03:19 Wrote:hi i have the 5849 xdk and visual studio .net 2002
where can i get visual studio .net 2003 (trail or full)?
hmm, you buy it? :d
http://www.amazon.com/exec....=507846
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hey i love xbmc and i would love to design logos and stuff. i mean like draw logos maybe draw a nice looking skin and u guys can make it into an actual skin. i can draw really good and im really young i have a lot of time to help. Smile
(striker @ mar. 06 2005,22:03 Wrote:just try it?
but like you said it's beta better play save and use 2003
hi! visual studio 2005 has been released now for some time. does the new xdk integrate into vs.net 2005?? and if so, what does this mean for xbmc? will it still compile? visual studio 2005 is entirely different from vs 2003 even the runtimes are completely different...
does anyone know if its possible to use vs.net 2005 with xbmc?
i'd be very surprised if it did work.. the xdk required an update when last vs came.

ive searched and couldnt find anything on this.

ive applied to vs 03 the visual studio .net 2003 crystal reports security update. the compile seems ok but i dont want to submit bug reports if my config isnt on the baseline others are at. any issues?
haven't done that, but i'm sure you are fine.

are there instructions on what types of things are done to port the latest mplayer release into xbmc?  i'm interested in having xbmc play dvr-ms and i've read the posts that said to check with the mplayer group for support.  my interest is that if mplayer supports this format, what needs to be done to import this functionality into xbmc?
being a newbie, i tried to search for the information in this forum, on google, and in the docs directory for xbmc, but was unable to find the information.  any help would be appreciated.
(by the way, i'll do the work if i can get a handle on where to start).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?0