So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?
(gamester17 @ jan. 07 2004,15:08 Wrote:however if you're one of those who like a bigger challange i would like to request xine to be ported to xbox and a xbmc dll core
i was thinking that vlc might be useful as another player core for xbmc, it has lots of features including dvd playback, and unlike xine it has already been ported to many platforms including windows which may make porting it to a dll easier. (although what do i know about porting mediaplayers :lol: ) and it's open source of course.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
hi there

i'm also interested in helping you to develop the xbmc.

i'm familar the following programming languages:
- c# very good
- c++ good
- java enough
- vb very good

i've also expirience in programming directx 9b applications.

i've written a voice over ip communication tool as exam-work for my school. this tool was written in c# and managed directx.

i know that managed directx is much easier to use than the "normal" c++ directx, but i think i could handle this ;-)

greets
xbender
i would be able to contribute around 15 hrs a week or so. if you are interested in having me contribute just let me know.

i have all of the approriate tools required and can assist with anything on the following subjects:

c++ 13 yeare experience
c# 3 years experience
vb.net and vb (started at version 3)
java 4 years experience
xml 2 years

in addition i have been developing applications for around 13 years and am familiar with networking, networks and ip programming as well.

i have about 6 years of sql experience as well and can also develop in web-based languages including asp.net, cold fusion and php. i don't see how that would be of much assistance to your current project but you never know.

regardless, just email me if you need more specific information.
k, topic is closed now.
we will contact the ppl we think can make a contribution to xbmc in a couple of days.

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
i compiled a list of all ppl interestted with their skills
i would like to ask everybody to check if i didnt made a mistake and maybe provide the additional info.

Quote:name c++ directx vs(.net) experience remark/interest
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phil3765 x - x 2 yrs
am-style! x - x ?
bompy x x x ?
colsandrs - x - -
donman x ? x 10 yrs gui/usability
juched x - x 4 yrs
bionlee x x x 5 yrs
morr x - x -
gabvey x - x >10 yrs
forza x - x >16 yrs
twisted x x x >10 yrs
lovedaddy - - - -
farfar x - x >13 yrs
meghead x x x >15 yrs (doesnt have much time)

zogle x - - 2 yrs
flogdomino x x x -
bummer x - - - mostly linux
outbit x - - -
butcher x x x 10 yrs (knows dx pretty good)
xbender x x - -
seschu01 x - x >13 yrs (has 15hrs / week)

placebo x - - >5 yrs (writing docs)
netwiz - - - - (writing docs)
xintron - - x - (writing docs, tutorials, some grafix logos, skins and support other ppl)
rezonat0r x ? ? 4 yrs (interessted in improving usability)
lovedaddy - - - - bug tracking, qa test plans, release schedules,support,documentation

10 years experience for me.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
i've generally focused on the ui and usability, on various platforms; applications, web-apps, pdas (windows).  

-don
about 4 years of c++ and java for me. no dx, if i can help it : ) more interface/usability studies as of late.

(i have a list of general usability stuff that could be improved... what's the best place to post this?)
Question 
(rezonat0r @ jan. 13 2004,11:46 Wrote:i have a list of general usability stuff that could be improved... what's the best place to post this?
if you don't mind separating each item then sourceforge is the place, if just a list then the suggestions forum here instead
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
happy that the skill set is correct - as for remarks/interest i've nothing more to add to my original post and i'll work on just about anything people want me to do Smile

ok,
time to make a decision.
first i would like to make clear to our new members that:
please only apply if you really want this and want to spend considerable time on xbmc. if you just wanna send a patch now and then, then offcourse thats fine too.
but i think to become part of the xbmc development team you must have enough time

(i myself spend like 2-3 hours a day on developing xbmc. i would b glad if you could spend like +/- 10 hours a week)

ok, here we go:
i would like to invite the following developers to become part of the xbmc developers team:
- seschu01 cause he's experienced and has +/- 15hrs/week
- butcher for his experience and directx knowledge
- twisted for his experience and directx knowledge
- forza, cause he seems very enthousatic
- meghead, cause he's already familar with the source

if you still wanna join, then please drop me a mail at
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

about the other developers. if you really wanna join 2, then please dont feel disappointed. as said its hard 2 make a decision, so maybe i should have choosen you.
if so, prove it to me by sending patches, extensions, bugfixes, whatever. if you prove to be good and really wanna join then offcourse i'll add you to the team as well!

now, the non-developers.
i would like to ask gamester & hullebulle to make a selection
for ppl wanting to writing manuals etc

i am also interested in helping the xbmc project.

i can help to make the skin.. am working in phososhop and will
help to make it...

if you are interested send me an email...

*peace* stass
hmm i thought... lets bump this thread.
whats up with al the ppl interested in developoing xbmc?
forza and butcher started to work, but where are all the others? not interested anmore?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yeah i don't get it, you have a sh*tload of developers registered on sourceforge but only a few actually do anything...

(volunteering btw)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
greetings Wink

i've got the x*k only at the end of march, then i had my long holyday, today i checked out the project files, i'll try to build them and accommodate with these tools Wink
guyz, i alaways thought to this project... and i was very surprised when i've seen me on the list. i hope soon that i'll be able to be productive Wink
there is only a problem: the last version of xbmc is so stable and bugs free, that i don't think there is something to do  Smile  Smile  Smile

bompy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So you want to become a XBMC for Xbox developer?0