v17 thumbnails in file view
Hi everyone,

I've got a question and a bit of an annoying problem which I can't seem to figure out, and am hoping that you guys will help me out.
I changed the view to file view because I can see every file that is available.

Now my problem if it set to TV Shows the thumbnail for the season folder works flawlessy however it doesn't find all my shows.

Like you can see here:

http://prntscr.com/fxn2cv

Now on file view everything is working great. It's finding all the shows, al the thumbnails except the seasons folders!

Like you can see here:

http://prntscr.com/fxn3s3

Now my question is how can I get the correct thumbnails to show like in my first image?
I hope I explained it the right way, my english isn't that great. Please do help.
Please anyone... I've been busy all day...
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Im using artic zypher.. but I have this problem aswell on AON NOX and several more..

// Edit: The files are stored locally on my NAS (LAN)

Series >
show name >
Season 1
Season 2
Etc.
How have the season posters been applied?

1. Did you use Kodi scraper
2. Did you source your own posters and manually save and apply them
3. Use another add-on
4. Other
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
1 - When I add the source it ask me to scan tv shows.. thats what I did.

2 - dont know how
3 - which addon?
4 - help
If you're not seeing a folder (season) in library mode then it's not been scraped.

When in file mode you wont see any posters unless you add them to each folder as poster.jpg.
(2017-07-20, 09:40)Hitcher Wrote: If you're not seeing a folder (season) in library mode then it's not been scraped.

When in file mode you wont see any posters unless you add them to each folder as poster.jpg.

Thanks that works out. You know where I can get High Ress thumbs?
To begin with, all the fanart is meant to be used in Library View. The fact that some fanart is shown during File View is what I consider a bonus.

Judging from the screenshots, it looks like one is from the Seasons, and the other is from the actual videos. Am I mistaken?
Also, no idea what hardware this is on, but using a normal keyboard and pressing the PrtScn button will have Kodi make proper screenshots into its screenshots folder.

Quote:Please anyone... I've been busy all day...
Don't start whining like a 4-year old after barely two hours. We're all busy with something. Smile

Kodi scrapes upto 1080p fanart. If it's availabe in the scraper, you should get it automatically, or via manual fanart selection.
(2017-07-20, 15:14)Klojum Wrote: To begin with, all the fanart is meant to be used in Library View. The fact that some fanart is shown during File View is what I consider a bonus.

Judging from the screenshots, it looks like one is from the Seasons, and the other is from the actual videos. Am I mistaken?
Also, no idea what hardware this is on, but using a normal keyboard and pressing the PrtScn button will have Kodi make proper screenshots into its screenshots folder.

Don't start whining like a 4-year old after barely two hours. We're all busy with something. Smile

Kodi scrapes upto 1080p fanart. If it's availabe in the scraper, you should get it automatically, or via manual fanart selection.

// Sorry for my impatience.

Both screenshots are the same folder "Breaking Bad"
Except:

image one: scanned by TVdb and it's set to TV shows (view mode)
image two: configured the menu entry for file view (view mode)

I just wish I could edit manually but I just don't know how... except putting an filename called poster.jpg in the folder?

// edit: my hardware is Nvidia shield console 2017
(2017-07-20, 20:55)mport3nt Wrote: I just wish I could edit manually but I just don't know how... except putting an filename called poster.jpg in the folder?

You could use a external scraper tool like tinymediamanager
(2017-07-27, 14:47)skinner99 Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 20:55)mport3nt Wrote: I just wish I could edit manually but I just don't know how... except putting an filename called poster.jpg in the folder?

You could use a external scraper tool like tinymediamanager

Thanks alot! I'll be using it Wink
You could manually apply artwork for TV Shows by following this guide... http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Importing....ng_Artwork
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thumbnails in file view0