Working on adding FanArt support to XBMC skinning-engine
Speak English, dammit! Wink

I'll have fan art on the site and into the interfaces this weekend. I know you're waiting on me. Smile
@szori
Great news! We are all anxiously awaiting this feature! It will give me the motivation to fix all the other little skin issues I have been putting off Wink

@agathorn
Thanks for all the hard work you have done. I definitely appreciate it! I'm sure it's not just skinners too, I bet every user is salivating right now in anticipation Big Grin
Fixed: Element tags that were not present would not properly fallback. This also fixes the RSS control issue
szsori Wrote:Speak English, dammit! Wink

I'll have fan art on the site and into the interfaces this weekend. I know you're waiting on me. Smile

Sounds good! Though to be honest i'm not really waiting on you, not yet anyway. Still working on getting the internals all setup to make this work. With that said though, it will be nice to be able to manually grab some of the stuff if its available through the site (outside of the API) then I can use them in testing even before the scraping is written.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:@agathorn
Thanks for all the hard work you have done. I definitely appreciate it! I'm sure it's not just skinners too, I bet every user is salivating right now in anticipation Big Grin

Its something that I as a user wanted, so it seemed only fair to step up and do it. That's how opensource works Smile
if only more ppl had that attitude....
Fan art is in the API now (banners.xml, Base Series Record, and GetSeries.php). It should stay the same unless there's something significant that isn't working. If you notice it not working properly, let me know.
Ok so the patch is now in for MOST of the backend GUI stuff.

Thanks JMarshall for getting that in this morning/last night, and for taking it the rest of the way to work on <diffusecolor> as well. I had planned to do that today, but ya beat me to it Smile

So, for the record:
<diffusecolor>, <textcolor>, <selectedcolor>, <disabledcolor>, <focusedcolor>, <shadowcolor> All now support infolabels of the form $INFO[Blah], or even simply Blah. The infolabel however must parse down to an ARGB hex color value, just like what you would enter manually in the XML files. If it doesn't, then all bets are off :p

This should work in all controls, except maybe the XLink Kai stuff which JMarshall informs me is dead :p If anyone encounters any bugs please let me know. I'll certainly support this code.

Now that that is said, i'm moving on to build in the new Infolabels for fanart support, and then to actually grabbing data.
Could anyone give me a rough overview of the path from scraper xml to wherever that data ends up?

Just a brief high level overview of the classes involved would really speed things up for me. Say for a Television show scraper like TVDB.
agathorn Wrote:The infolabel however must parse down to an ARGB hex color value, just like what you would enter manually in the XML files. If it doesn't, then all bets are off

You noticed the API returns RGB's formatted as (r,g,b) with each value being an int 0-255, right? You can convert to hex easily enough, as long as the scraper handles it or if you can do it in XBMC somewhere. Just wanted to make sure you noticed it.
szsori Wrote:You noticed the API returns RGB's formatted as (r,g,b) with each value being an int 0-255, right? You can convert to hex easily enough, as long as the scraper handles it or if you can do it in XBMC somewhere. Just wanted to make sure you noticed it.

Yep I JUST started looking at what the API returned and saw that. I'm still figuring out the whole scraper internals in XBMC but I don't think it will be an issue to convert the values over.
Get it working by:

Adding variables (either a vector<DWORD> or even just DWORD[6] is my suggestion for colors) to videoinfotag.cpp, and reading and saving support in the Load()/Save() routines.

Not sure if anything else is needed wrt the scraper as it outputs XML in the same way.

Then you need to add the fields to the db. See the enum + offset stuff in videodatabase.h, and reading/writing in videodatabase.cpp. You'll also need to add db update functionality as you'll be adding fields. Probably a single field for colors and just pack them in (no need to search on them afterall) and a field for the fanart.

Finally, the infolabels which are the easy bit.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Pretty much the same thing spiff had said earlier. I was trying to find the whole chain to make sure I understood it all, but I guess i'll just concentrate on those areas and have faith that its all connected :p
my suggestion is to add a class which can output info as xml.
reason is db storage - you will want to store all fanart info in a single field, not 6 dwords + 1 string or whatever. something along CScraperUrl (dont laugh too much at my nasties in there).
The progress sounds great! Looking forward to it Big Grin One question, are you agathorn, or has anybody else, considered adding support for localized fan art, ie fanart.jpg that you put in the root of that show's folder? I have a very large database of tv shows and I try to keep everything I can local so that I'm not spending as many hours and hours redownloading all the images everytime I do a clean install of XBMC. The only thing about that is that you would probably need some way of specifying the color themes associated with the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working on adding FanArt support to XBMC skinning-engine0