Working on adding FanArt support to XBMC skinning-engine
Mntz Wrote:Nice progress!
Is the testskin public available?
It would be handy to see the coding Smile

Mntz Its not that complicted really you just make your layout and use a image info label of Fanart.Image and you have I think six color ones that go Fanart.Color1 , Fanart.Color2 , Fanart.Color3 .......... and so on.
Of Course you will need to take into account that the series has no fan art so you will need to use something like !IsEmpty(Fanart.Image) to toggle a alt background. Thats about it really the rest is just normal skinning
Yep thats pretty much it Smile

Also make sure you do the IsEmpty() check on colors as well if you plan to use the color labels.
Here are some screen shots of Implemented into my Basics-Vision Skin Naturaly its the same layout as the others since I made that layout too But you are not restricted to that layout obviously

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Thumbs Up 
szsori Wrote:Just so everyone's aware, the top fan art returned by TheTVDB is the highest rated fan art for that series. So voting for art will result in better results when scraping. I'll soon be switching it so it returns the fan art with the highest Bayesian score, which you can see an explanation of here: http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?p=2977#2977

In any case, voting on fan art = good results when scraping. Keep that in mind. Smile
That is great! ...off-topic; will the same rating-system be implemented for TV-show banners as well? Cool
Gamester17 Wrote:That is great! ...off-topic; will the same rating-system be implemented for TV-show banners as well? Cool

It is already. I'll probably be working on the Bayesian stuff over the next week, since the wife and baby will be out of town. I'm also enhancing the colors a little more, which will probably result in Colors 1-3 being the best ones for skins to implement. I'll post more tomorrow, after I get it working as I want.
hey is this for 4:3 too?
Its not for anything yet Smile but the intention will be to keep supporting what we currently do and have done for many years so odds are... 99.9% probably yes!
shizzle Wrote:hey is this for 4:3 too?

This is just data that is available to the skin to display however it wants. 4:3 or 16:9 is irrelevant.
szsori Wrote:I'm also enhancing the colors a little more, which will probably result in Colors 1-3 being the best ones for skins to implement. I'll post more tomorrow, after I get it working as I want.

Curious how this was going?
agathorn Wrote:Curious how this was going?
http://thetvdb.com/colorchooser.php?id=20100

Getting there. Doing the final submit won't do anything yet. I still want to do 4 things before taking this live:

1. Make the form work so it actually saves those values in the correct field.
2. Set the API so it returns the artist colors in addition to the autocolors (I'll also make a combined_colors for XBMC to make it easier to scrape).
3. Display the current artist colors and (possibly?) allow them to keep the existing color.
4. Update the wiki with examples to guide proper color selection and link from the color chooser.

I'll probably also go through most of the submitted banners and do the colors for them. Artists will still be able to do their own colors, but I want to make sure this is usable in the API.
Looks very nice. Those auto chosen colors where good as well.

You never do anything small do you Smile

I'd recommend still having only 6 colors, perhaps 3 auto and the 3 chosen. 6 seemed kinda large to begin with.

Not to mention that if the amount of returned colors changes, I got a lot of code to rework :p
Ok then. Well after spending the last 10 hours or so trying to track down a very elusive bug, only to find out that the problem was a bad incremental build, I just want to cry.
Ok yay! The last piece of this has been submitted as a patch for approval and inclusion into SVN.

So hopefully, if my code passes muster, this should be in XBMC very soon.
Thankyou, Agathorn. i can't wait to see this added to the trunk and gain support in skins. I know you have put alot of time into this and i for one am very appreciative.
awesome man! we all really appreciate your hard work Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working on adding FanArt support to XBMC skinning-engine0