Win Kodi 17.3 crashing while playing in windows 10 [debug log]
I keep getting Kodi lagging and crashing while playing mkv videos. I have tried to disable Hardware acceleration but it did not fix it.

I have made a Debug log if that helps
*bump*
Go to AMD and download latest driver for the AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.

Also do the same for your sound card.

What and how is the audio connected to the speakers?

Are you going through an AV Amp that can properly handle DTS?

Is it showing DTS mode on the AV Amp screen when playing this MKV?

The error log seems to be tripping up on DTS - or if that isn't a DTS error, there aer a lot of references to it.
I have freshly formatted my computer so all drivers are the latest.

Audio stream is showing "English - DTS - 5.1(1/1)"

I do now know how to check the rest of the things you asked me
I'll try again in more detail....

Don't trust Microsoft to get the correct drivers for your hardware on a fresh reinstall. Go to AMD.com and download the correct driver for your AMD Radeon R9 200 Series graphics card
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...0%20-%2064

The screen you are using has a really weird resolution of 1680x1050. But I see your test video is a 720p so that shouldn't matter.

What actually *is* that PC? For some reasons the CPU is coming up as "unknown". Is it powerful enough to run video cleanly? (And I'd stick to Hardware decoding as yoru Radeon should make the most of that)

How is your PC connected to the AV Amp? HDMI? SPDIF?

When you say "Audio stream is showing "English DTS 5.1"" - where is that showing up? On the AV Amp control panel? Or somewhere else?
The VGA driver is downloaded from AMD Smile

My PC is running windows 10. The CPU is an i5 750, which is powerful enough I guess, but no idea why it is not coming as unknown.

The motherboard though is ASUS P7P55D LE. The latest drivers released are for windows 7, but managed to find drivers for the audio card for windows 8 that seem to be working.

The connections are SPDIF and DVI.

The "English DTS 5.1" was showing in Audio and subtitles settings - Audio stream while playing mkv in kodi 17.3

I uninstalled Kodi 17.3 and installed 16.0 which is running without any problems, but would still like to have the latest version.
Quote:My PC is running windows 10
humm
Quote:latest drivers released are for windows 7
search for beta drivers ; Software 16.1.1 Hotfix for Windows 10 http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...ivers.aspx and install the Krypton nightly 17.4 in portable mode, turn on debug logging, play a local file and let's have the debug log to that.
The VGA driver is compatible with win 10.

I downloaded the latest VGA driver (released 27/07 - I had the one before) and updated back to kodi 17.3. Now everything seems fine
I also have a win10 PC that has been crashing after a couple minutes of playing any video, liveTV, anything. Started a couple weeks ago and I've posted about it on here and included logs from two different events. That post appears to have been deleted as I don't see it anymore but I've included the log files below that were part of the post, not sure why it was deleted but it was here I had checked if it received any responses days after and it was posted here but is now gone. I was just checking if there had been any responses as it came on suddenly and lasted for a few days and then went away as if it were a system problem. I turned the degbug logging on and it occurred again at 1923 of the first set of log files. It has gotten to the point, exactly like the first event, that KODI is not usable anymore and consistently crashes after a few minutes of any video being played. I have just prior to posting the latest event did as clean of an install as possible, I uninstalled removing all user files and then reinstalled a clean copy and it immediately began doing the same as before, crashing after a couple minutes of any video playback.

Kodi Logs for 080417

original log file from when it first happened.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2u0Tq...m5LelNiWnM

second reported event after playing liveTV:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2u0Tq...VJQeDdLMlk
Is this your other post you could not find... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318948

We require logs to be posted at a public Pastebin type site. Your logs are zipped, so we are always hesitant downloading these. Also it increases our workload- download, virus scan, unzip, read, delete unzip, delete zip, whereas the pastebin is one simple click and the information is available.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Can't use pastebin for files that large and don't need a pro account so that is not a useful site for my purposes. As I stated before I've used the same method every post I've made and you are the first person to object. Thanks for the help but it continues to happen constantly so I guess I'll wait for the next version and hope it's sorted then.
Paste bin will not except files that large without a pro account that I don't need so thanks for the help but I'll wait for the next version and hope it's sorted then.
paste.ubuntu.com allows bigger sizes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Last two lines of the log, a search of that exact error brought an old thread.

ERROR: CThread::SpawnThread - fatal error 8 creating thread

Same error and the solve was Got a new i3 CPU on RMA from Amazon and now no crashing With your system, I doubt this is the solve but the wiki below suggests some o/s problems in the registry.

The "error 8" error is commonly caused by incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. According to this PC wiki If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the "error 8" error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.
The ERROR: CThread::SpawnThread - fatal error 8 creating thread is most likely a memory problem, could ofc be a incorrectly configured setting to but my money is on the memory either your GPU or Ram
but ive been known to be wrong let us know if it fixes itself at some point
i did not have a chance to read the entire log because of some issues with my eyes
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 crashing while playing in windows 10 [debug log]0