LCD/VFD support via LCDproc in XBMC for Linux?
shagworthy_uk Wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place but here goes....

I have my lcd display working correctly with XBMC. My problem is: If i leave LCDproc enabled in XBMC and leave it idle for a long period of time (say 6 hours while i sleep) at some point LCDd spikes to 100% cpu usage. So i just dont use the LCD part of XBMC as it warms my living room up to much :-)

Anyone seen this?

I have a crappy imon VFD built in to my case which for the first few hours is fine.

Again sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have a similar problem where XBMC just shows null characters (full blocks) if it's been left on for a long period and idle.
paularms Wrote:I have a similar problem where XBMC just shows null characters (full blocks) if it's been left on for a long period and idle.

I have that "problem" as well.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
yellowman Wrote:I have that "problem" as well.

I also get that but did not think anything of it. I thought it was some sort of graphic equalizer i have never noticed before :-D
ASRock Ion 330 | 6TB Drobo | Pioneer PDP-4270XD (s/pdif) | Sony DAV-DZ810W | Logitech Harmony 885 (MCE remote emulation)| diNovo Mini
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by indy5 View Post
I do now have a followup question. Is there a way to slow down the scroll speed of text that is larger than the width of the LCD screen? It's a little dizzying watching large movie titles scroll across over and over again at such a high rate.
No, speed isn't adjustable. Please post a feature request so we don't forget about it while in feature freeze.

what is the latest on this? im also finding the scrolling too fast and very disturbing.
I reckon you can fix this by adding

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<lcd>
   <scrolldelay>3</scrolldelay>
</lcd>
</advancedsettings>

to advancedsettings.xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata folder. 1 is default, maybe try 2 first.

cheers
yes thanks, just found it myself - http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=247982

i set the delay to 10 Smile nice and calm.
gzusrawx Wrote:I have noticed an issue lately, If I leave XBMC on, after a while the lcdproc doesn't show any client connected anymore. I don't have a log right this moment but has anyone else experienced this? I can re-enable the client by disabling and re-enabling the lcdproc setting in xbmc.

same here. running gentoo 2.6.30, xbmc 9.04. after a certain idle time period some garbage characters appear on the display. they are cleared up when you move around in the menu. tonight after hours of idle time lcdd connection was dropped, log shows:

20:47:21 T:3068462944 M:2209501184 ERROR: XLCDproc::SetLine - Unable to write to socket, LCDd not running?

has anyone filed ticket about this?

edit: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5993
I think the garbage originates from TimeWide21 / TimeWide22 settings within LCD.xml.
I setup my LCD at the weekend and noticed the same as you guys, so I had a look in LCD.xml and noticed these two lines were set to display when idle / screensaver on.
I'm pretty sure I remember changing it to display text or system.time etc.. and it was ok then..

Edit - after reading the trac ticket it seems that you guys have a slightly different issue... mine is that the big clock displays as garbage :/
vdrfan Wrote:No, speed isn't adjustable. Please post a feature request so we don't forget about it while in feature freeze.

Swifty Wrote:I think the garbage originates from TimeWide21 / TimeWide22 settings within LCD.xml.
I setup my LCD at the weekend and noticed the same as you guys, so I had a look in LCD.xml and noticed these two lines were set to display when idle / screensaver on.
I'm pretty sure I remember changing it to display text or system.time etc.. and it was ok then..

Edit - after reading the trac ticket it seems that you guys have a slightly different issue... mine is that the big clock displays as garbage :/

no, youre hitting the nail on the head. yesterday i turned off screensaver, xbmc has been idling all night and the LCD is good!
shagworthy_uk Wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place but here goes....

I have my lcd display working correctly with XBMC. My problem is: If i leave LCDproc enabled in XBMC and leave it idle for a long period of time (say 6 hours while i sleep) at some point LCDd spikes to 100% cpu usage. So i just dont use the LCD part of XBMC as it warms my living room up to much :-)

Anyone seen this?

I have a crappy imon VFD built in to my case which for the first few hours is fine.

Again sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've got the same problem.
Can developers add a lcdproc server setting? The "localhost" hard coded in the xbmc/linux/XLCDproc.cpp is really really not convenient.
Agreed. Changed in SVN r25382. (See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...#.3Clcd.3E for more information.)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Agreed. Changed in SVN r25382. (See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...#.3Clcd.3E for more information.)

You are the man. Thank you so much for your lightning fast response. Will give it try tonight.
Hi. Not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but anyway...

I have a Silverstone LC16M case, which includes a Soundgraph iMon VFD display. I have this working with LCDproc in Ubuntu (Karmic), and it displays the standard LCDproc server message, with Ci: 0 Scr: 0

When I open XBMC, and try to "Enable VFD/LCD" in system settings, it crashes (freezes), and I have to restart. The VFD doesn't change. Any ideas?
I just had a similar issue. What helped me was to change "<haslcd>" in guisettings.xml from false to true.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LCD/VFD support via LCDproc in XBMC for Linux?1