1080p support
In resolution settings and various other settings of xbmc i have only seen optiosn that go up to 1080i. does this mean xbmc is not capable of displaying 1080p or that there just isnt an option but a 1080p video should play just fine without downsampling?
nmirza Wrote:In resolution settings and various other settings of xbmc i have only seen optiosn that go up to 1080i. does this mean xbmc is not capable of displaying 1080p or that there just isnt an option but a 1080p video should play just fine without downsampling?

Keep looking. There is also a 1920x1080 setting (at least once) and an mode that pulls it's setting from whatever the Mac desktop is set to.

XBMC might not have been able to go above 1080i but OSXBMC supports 1080P. It's just not widespread yet. Also keep in might that OSXBMC is still very much is initial development cycle.
the 1080i 720p Pal4x3 Pal16x9 ntsc16x9 ntsc4x3 are all through backs to the xbox version you need to use the ones that have the desktop res types on them
The only hitch I noticed with 1080p was that by default it wasn't using about 1/8th of the screen on the right, and I had to go into the video calibration setting and set my 'bottom right' marker over quite a bit past the default to the right, but then everything was fine.

Anyone else noticed this? Could it be it was remembering a setting for a lower resolution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p support0