DVD and related file playback problems
Now, i originally thought the problem I had was related totally to XBMC, but after some more testing it appears to be a little more widespread. So sorry if this isn't exactly the right place to post this.

I bought a Mac mini the other week so i could use XBMC, and i've just noticed that playback of any DVD related files (ISO, TS Folder or the actually discs) is a little bit juddery. I've searched google to see if anyone else is complaining about this but haven't found anything that completely covers my problem.

I've got a Panasonic TH37PX70 connected via an HDMI and it now transpires that the juddery picture is present if use XBMC, Apple's DVD player and VLC though the files playback fine on my new alu-iMac and work fine if burnt to DVD and played on my PS3.

When playing it's as this there are the odd frame missing so the picture never moves smoothly - even when there's not a lot else going on. I checked one using the "i" option on XBMC and it only show 1 dropped frame.

Could this be caused by a resolution issue between the Panasonic and Mac mini? 720p material i've watched seems to be fine.

Any advice or points in the right direction from the knowledgeable people round here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I don't think DVD playback is fully supported yet. Some DVDs work, and some don't.

I think this is something they are working on for future builds.
Thanks for replying.

I appreciate that DVD support is a work in progress in XBMC, it's the fact that the same problem happens when using XBMC, Apple's DVD Player and VLC, but not on my other iMac with the same files or when they are burnt to DVD.

Hopefully someone can suggest what could be causing this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD and related file playback problems0