• 7(current)
v19 Video ScreenSaver
(2022-02-24, 14:48)AdahAlexandraB2 Wrote: I recently installed Kodi on my Andoid TV and wanted to use the videoscreensaver, but unfortunatly I return an error in single video mode and in multiple video it wont start.

First thing anyone is going to say is post a log so we can see what’s happening.
(2022-02-24, 14:58)NOT_U Wrote: First thing anyone is going to say is post a log so we can see what’s happening.
That is correct. But in this case he is a spammer so his account has been purged from the forum. I guess he'll open a new one called ...B3
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
On Windows this add on does not work.
(2022-02-25, 03:52)leejk Wrote: On Windows this add on does not work.

My development PC is windows... I tested every single combination offered by the video saver and they all played.

What version are you running, the latest is v.1.10
What is your configuration for the saver?

A log would be helpful...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2022-02-25, 08:06)Lunatixz Wrote:

My development PC is windows... I tested every single combination offered by the video saver and they all played.

Hi, I was using the KODI repo version, but the beta version is worse in that it locks up KODI when you try and preview the screensaver from the screensaver area in KODI settings. The error generated in the log is pretty much the same error that a user reported a few months ago. This addon worked for in Leia using the same file setup.

https://paste.kodi.tv/tawaxuwobe.kodi
(2022-03-06, 23:48)leejk Wrote:
(2022-02-25, 08:06)Lunatixz Wrote:

Hi, I was using the KODI repo version, but the beta version is worse in that it locks up KODI when you try and preview the screensaver from the screensaver area in KODI settings. The error generated in the log is pretty much the same error that a user reported a few months ago. This addon worked for in Leia using the same file setup.

Looks like you are trying to play a directory that is NOT mapped as a "video source" in Kodi!

The Kodi API can not parse directories that are not whitelisted as "source" ie.(listed in sources.xml).

Set the directory as a video source and reconfigure the saver's settings to use that path. I'll add corrective measures to inform users if it were to happen again.
(2022-03-07, 21:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-03-06, 23:48)leejk Wrote:
(2022-02-25, 08:06)Lunatixz Wrote: My development PC is windows... I tested every single combination offered by the video saver and they all played.

Looks like you are trying to play a directory that is NOT mapped as a "video source" in Kodi!

The Kodi API can not parse directories that are not whitelisted as "source" ie.(listed in sources.xml).

Set the directory as a video source and reconfigure the saver's settings to use that path. I'll add corrective measures to inform users if it were to happen again.

Hi,
I still cannot get it to work. I added the folder as a video source and set its content type to none. Also tried setting it to movies. When I go into the settings of the video screensaver, it shows a list of options that is contrary to what you stated about it needing to be a video source. The list asks what type of source you want to add, local, network, files, video, and video playlist. I tried both the local method and the video source method and neither worked, and each time the same c:\Users\.. path was used.

Also the beta version complexity ignores all keypresses (at least with aeon tajo skin), so when you preview the screensaver you are essentially locked out of controlling KODI and have to kill it with the task manager.
Log? I'm not clear on what you are saying is contrary to my previous statement. Kodi's api can only parse whitelisted directories. Sources.xml acts as the whitelist.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixemuhatid.kodi

What I mean is that the addon settings dialog implies that it will accept video files in a playlist, video library, local drive, or network drive when you try and set the source media for the screensaver. Based on that broad list of possible sources, it implies that all of them would work.

The only one I got to work was the movies option as a source.
Hello Lunatixz,

Where am I allowed to make a feature suggestion for your video screensaver addon? Am willing to make a small contribution for its official addition.
(2022-07-09, 18:56)davywd Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Where am I allowed to make a feature suggestion for your video screensaver addon? Am willing to make a small contribution for its official addition.

Requests can be made here in the forums., code contributions here: https://github.com/Lunatixz/KODI_Addons/...videosaver

THX
(2022-07-09, 21:09)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2022-07-09, 18:56)davywd Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Requests can be made here in the forums., code contributions here: https://github.com/Lunatixz/KODI_Addons/...videosaver

THX

Hello Lunatixz,

Thank you for your reply. I made a thread here, I hope such a feature could be added in the future.

Kind regards,
DW
I'm having a similar issue to what others have described over the previous pages. I have VideoScreensaver set to "Multiple Videos" but when the screensaver starts (or when I try to preview it) all I get is a black screen.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

https://paste.kodi.tv/yaxebaqaxa.kodi
(2022-07-26, 22:17)Lanark1027 Wrote: I'm having a similar issue to what others have described over the previous pages. I have VideoScreensaver set to "Multiple Videos" but when the screensaver starts (or when I try to preview it) all I get is a black screen.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

https://paste.kodi.tv/yaxebaqaxa.kodi

I'll need a full debugging log, also be sure to install lastest version from my beta repository.
@Lunatixz awesome Screensaver 👌 thanks
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video ScreenSaver3