Attention Creative Skinners!: Infolabelized tags coming soon
Information 
For those of you not following the FanArt development, I wanted to take a moment and bring something to your attention that you might have otherwise missed.

As part of the work to handle FanArt, I am making some enhancements to the underlying GUI code. One that should be of particular interest to creative skinners out there, is that many color tags will support infolabels.

Now the purpose of this is to allow the colors to change based on the fanart data set, but it isn't limited to the fanart infolabels. Any infolabel to parses out to a valid ARGB hex color would work. This would include things like skin strings.

Just think about it for a moment and I bet you'll think of some interesting things you could do with this.
Very nice, I look forward to working these new features into my aeon mod. I am also quite anxious to see what fancy things you come up with on fusion. Cheers.
Thumbs Up 
Wiki ("Skinning Development" documentation) updated?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Category:Skin_Development
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This is in the latest SVN version now by the way.

Nothing has changed on the Wiki.. I honestly don't know what if anythign shoudl be changed. I don't really see like anythign that indicates where infolabels are supported. Though maybe the Infolabels page itself shoudl be modified to give that information.
The ideal would be editing all control pages and changing all the color lines to:

Specifies the color the text should be, in hex AARRGGBB format, an infolabel that returns an AARRGGBB format, or a name from the colour theme.

But that's a lot of cut n paste, but if you're bored while waiting for compiles Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attention Creative Skinners!: Infolabelized tags coming soon0