S-Video or Composite?
I'm hoping to get an HDTV around Christmas-time, but until then I have my Mac Mini hooked up to my standard def TV via Apple's DVI-to-video adapter. Of the two options it gives me for connection, which renders a better picture - S-Video or Composite?
phunkysai Wrote:I'm hoping to get an HDTV around Christmas-time, but until then I have my Mac Mini hooked up to my standard def TV via Apple's DVI-to-video adapter. Of the two options it gives me for connection, which renders a better picture - S-Video or Composite?

Neither is that great. But S-Video is better then Composite.
doesn't google / wikipedia work for you?
And neither is designed for HD video content.
For the moment I'm only hooking up to a standard def tv, so HD is not an issue until I get my HDTV.

Thanks for those that responded, and Spiff, no thanks to smart-arses! Stare
didn't expect one.

you seldom receive one when you point out that others are everything but smart
Wow, I'm glad to see programmers being civil...it's so refreshing!
Just had to chime in... Spiff makes complete sense, it took me all of 2 seconds to find the answer to you're question via google.

.... Its amazing how many things people take the time to ask in forums that google can answer in 2 seconds of typing....

http://www.google.com/search?q=s-video%2...8&oe=utf-8
I apologize that I wanted to ask people who I thought would be "experts" in this, and wanted to get opinions from people in this "community" who would have experience with connecting a mac to a TV.

Given the response I have received here, I won't make that mistake again, for sure.
By all means, ask away when you need advice on something pertaining to XBMC. SVideo and composite video are not exactly proprietary connections.. Its pretty well documented (everywhere) which one will produce the better picture.

Don't get miffed, where are just trying to help YOU. From now on you will probably think to search before you ask a question, save YOU time. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S-Video or Composite?0