Kodi 17.4 reverts theme to default Confluence
Hi all,

I have a newly freshed Kody 17.4 RC installed on a new PC with Windows 7. I have downloaded, installed and configured Aeon theme for my use. After a few uses of Kodi the default theme (Confluence) comes back to Kodi; If I try to download Aeon again it doesn't listed on Addon page, because Kodi thinks it's already installed, but I cannot select it on Skin choose Page.

If i delete the files for AEON from AppData\Roaming\Addons\skin.aeon.nox.5 I'm able to install it again from addons inside Kodi, but after a few days (1 or 2) Confluence comes again as default skin and I cannot again select or download AEON skin again.

I have tested other skins as well with same result.

Can it be a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks in advanced.

ServerHack
Confluence isn't the default theme for 17.4 - it should be Estuary.

How are you closing down Kodi, as if you're not doing it via the menu (just closing the window for example) then you could be corrupting your gui settings file or one of the other skin files. That would make them unreadable, and then Kodi would fall back to its default.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Right, the default is Estuary, sorry.

I close Kodi via menu ('s') and the Exit. Sometimes I have an "Application not responding" error, but only sometimes.

Now I'm trying MIMIC skin, which is the last it failed last week, I'll write again if it fails back to default.
if kodi crashes during shutdown settings aren't saved and you default back. that's fixed in v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks!!! So I think I'll have to wait for version 1.8 to be stable...
that might take several months.

Better is to try and change the skin and try to close Kodi without doing anything else first
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm trying that, but last week I closed Kodi after changing skin and one day later I had Estuary again.

Now that I know it can be a problem related to a bad exit I'll pay attention for it. For now I have installed again MIMIC, changed to it and closed Kodi, let's wait to see what it happens...
Maybe a "banned" addon is causing the crash at exit of Kodi?
¨Can it be that the skin do not support the Kodi vesrsion you are using yet?
(2017-08-14, 11:37)serverhack Wrote: If I try to download Aeon again it doesn't listed on Addon page, because Kodi thinks it's already installed, but I cannot select it on Skin choose Page.

If i delete the files for AEON from AppData\Roaming\Addons\skin.aeon.nox.5 I'm able to install it again from addons inside Kodi, but after a few days (1 or 2) Confluence comes again as default skin and I cannot again select or download AEON skin again.

I have tested other skins as well with same result.

Can it be a bug or am I missing something?
That sounds like the skin is being disabled - maybe an addonxx.db problem rather than a problem with guisettings or skinsettings? If settings are lost normally a skin will still be available.
If it happens again try going to settings > myaddons > lookandfeel - see if the skin appears there, see if it can be enabled.
Agree that the skin is being disabled on startup. For Op when this happens go into the addon browser and see if in "my addons" "look and feel" "skins" if nox is shown installed and disabled. Try to enable it. It may be a "dependencies not met" issue.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.4 reverts theme to default Confluence0