Android RESOLVED - Help me find a file in an Android OS KODI install
Wink 
Hi folks,

Background:

I have several KODI boxes, on several different platforms.

Now that performance is working well on Android, I purchased a Nexbox A95X 2GB/16GB box. (I had some Pivos boxes, but their day has passed).

I blew away the Nexbox preinstalled version of KODI, and started a fresh install. It went well, integrating into MySQL, as well as running my profiles. As I prefer the Confluence skin, I've loaded that as well on my 17.4 install.

The issue:

I have a lot of videos. Opening the library causes a large delay while it is counting up the total hours (called "Total Duration", on the bottom right of the Confluence skin)

Now, in windows, I was able to go to AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p and modify the "includes.xml" file to remove Total Duration. (it's under the CommonPageCount section)

However, when I SSH into my android box and look under skin.confluence, I don't seem to find an includes.xml file

The question:

In android, where would include.xml for skin.confluence be located?

I ask here first, as I think that this is more an issue of understanding the android file structure for KODI, rather than the skin itself.

Thanks, I look forward to your replies.
To start, there are no such thing as "Kodi boxes".

That said, in Android the Kodi folder is hidden on Android ".kodi".

If you are using SSH, then the path should be something like /storage/self/primary/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

Though depending on the Android version you are running the path could be different.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-08-24, 19:10)Tinwarble Wrote: To start, there are no such thing as "Kodi boxes".

Funny... I have been running XBMP, XBMC and KODI on a variety of "boxes" since about 2004. Big Grin

Do you prefer me to use the term "computing devices"? Maybe "appliance"?

Sure, I understand the pain that XBMC Foundation must feel as they receive undue pressure from critics of "Preloaded KODI Boxes"... but that has nothing to do with my inquiry.

I can't help if my "computing device that has the application KODI loaded on it from the official KODI provided downloads"... just happens to be box shaped. (you know, rectangular, and relatively flat). Tongue

However, getting to your point:

Quote:That said, in Android the Kodi folder is hidden on Android ".kodi".

If you are using SSH, then the path should be something like /storage/self/primary/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

Yep, familiar with the hidden aspect of KODI on Android... Would have not been able to load my advancedsettings.xml without showing hidden files on SSH.

So I took a closer look at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons , and there it was: skin.confluence !

I must have been looking under one of the profiles, which did not have the full implementation. User error! Cool

I've cut out this bit of code, which SHOULD prevent Confluence on doing eth math on all the videos total time:

Code:
            <control type="label">
                <description>Container Duration Label</description>
                <right>40</right>
                <top>32r</top>
                <width>500</width>
                <height>20</height>
                <font>font12</font>
                <textcolor>grey</textcolor>
                <scroll>false</scroll>
                <align>right</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <label>$INFO[Container.TotalTime,$LOCALIZE[31009] ([COLOR=blue],[/COLOR])]</label>
                <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
            </control>

Once I fire it up later today, I'll post my results.

Thanks Tinwarble! Nod
(2017-08-24, 19:48)zebraitis Wrote: Do you prefer me to use the term "computing devices"? Maybe "appliance"?

Sure, I understand the pain that XBMC Foundation must feel as they receive undue pressure from critics of "Preloaded KODI Boxes"... but that has nothing to do with my inquiry.

Well, since in the Android forum it would be just be a "Android box", since Kodi is just an app. Unless you would call a Windows PC a "Kodi PC". Wink

(2017-08-24, 19:48)zebraitis Wrote: So I took a closer look at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons , and there it was: skin.confluence !

Yep, that's it. I actually gave the adb path rather than the SSH path, which is a little different. What happens when you try copy/pasting to fast.

Glad you got it sorted though.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To close the loop...

Removing that section of code in skin.confluence include.xml did stop confluence from counting up the "total Duration".

Now, the only things down on the bottom left is: the total number of videos ("Items") and the page count ("page").

There still is a small delay as the Android Box with KODI installed gathers information from MySQL over the network, but it is not at all the same as the lengthy delay as when KODI counted up the viewing hours.

There is an annoying delay following the end of a movie, before returning to the Confluence GUI, but I'll save that issue for another thread.
Disabling these settings may also help:

Kodi Krypton Settings > Media Settings > Videos:

Extract thumbnails and Video Information > OFF

Extract Chapter Thumbnails > OFF

SPMC and LibreELEC Kodi Krypton have had this speedup patch added.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RESOLVED - Help me find a file in an Android OS KODI install0