More and more frequent lockups
I've posted other threads trying to get to the root of this problem. Now, I'm of the opinion that I simply have too many TV recordings. I have well over 3000, not sure of the number right now. My mythtv box is also to the point that it is deleting expired recordings to make room for new ones. Is there some possibility that some limited resource in the add-on is getting filled up and overwriting the end of an array?

This happens on a Raspberry Pi and also occurs on an Odroid C2. Kodi simply hangs. The only debug log I had going when the problem occurred is too big to pastebin. It really wouldn't help anyway as there is nothing indicating a problem. At first hangs would happen when a recording finished. Now it can hang at the end of a recording or live TV or when starting a recording. It has also hung when trying to start Live TV as well. I'm thinking an asynchronous process such as recording refresh or program guide refresh is occurring at the time.

Any limits in the add-on for number of recordings or number of live TV channels (I have over 100 local broadcast channels in Houston).
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
I'm just curious... The big question perhaps is:
- were you ever planning to watch each and every TV recording?
- if not, how far were you going to planning to keep piling up those recordings?
(2017-09-02, 21:05)Klojum Wrote: I'm just curious... The big question perhaps is:
- were you ever planning to watch each and every TV recording?
- if not, how far were you going to planning to keep piling up those recordings?

Eventually. I will be copying them to a larger drive soon to free up space and have a backup. What with the local flooding, I haven't had time to get it done. Most of them are whole series collections of vintage TV shows that I like. MythTV is great at that, getting every episode over time. Most are of course 480i, and many are black and white. I understand your curiosity, but as I understand it, there are no limits on how many I can have. It's the Linux way, no arbitrary limits.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More and more frequent lockups0