Automaticly switch resolutions
Since we now have the ability to switch the refresh rate automaticly, how about automaticly switching resolution to match the source? I think it was briefly discussed once before, but I couldn't find that thread for some reason. One of the problems I've heard mentioned is that when people reencode video, they sometimes use non-standard resolutions. To solve this there could be multiple settings. Once would be to change the resolution only when it meets one of the standard formats, like 480, 540, 720, 1080. Then there could be an option to force it to convert non-standard resolutions to the closest standard resolution or maybe upconvert to the next standard resolution. That would obviously end up streching or compressing the video some, but thats why it would be an option. I for one keep all of my dvds in the standard format, so it wouldn't be an issue for me.

I know there probably aren't tons of people out there screaming for this feature, but for those of us who have a video processor, either in our receiver, a dedicated scaler, or even in the display, it would be a huge benifit. Video processors are being included is more HT devices now. You can get faroudja DCDi processing in a AVR-1909 now. That lists for only $649 MSRP. Even may gateway lcd monitor has DCDi built in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automaticly switch resolutions0