H.264 (x264 encoded) movies that don't work yet in XBMC for Mac OS X
davidgilmour Wrote:Here is another sample of the same movie also in 720p. But this time ripped by someone else and this one plays without problems. Maybe analyzing the differences between the 2 samples could help you?

http://www.2shared.com/file/3035305/1852...e-hv.html?

And here is the info from the other 300:

Format : x264
Source : BluRay
Genre : Action / Drama / History / War
Resolution : 1280x528
Video Bitrate: 9115 kbit/s
Audio : AC3 640 kbit/s English
Subtitles : English
Release : 07.23.07
Rars : 86x100mb
imdb : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449

So it could be the DTS soundtrack?
Guys can you please stop posting links to samples from movies its more than likely against the rules of the forum Elan is aware of the problem we have come to the conclusion that the problem only affects OSX, the Linux version plays these sorts of files fine
I'm sure he is looking into it so just be patient (or not knowing how fast elan fixes things) but just please stop posting links to files on the forum
Found the problem and fixed it. The issue was with ffmpeg not supporting enough streams (it only supported 20). Because of all the subtitles streams, this was pushing it over. The patch was already in the linux build of ffmpeg, but I'd missed it in the OS X build. Mea culpa. I'm going to go over the diffs tomorrow and make sure there's parity between the two.

-elan
elan Wrote:Found the problem and fixed it. The issue was with ffmpeg not supporting enough streams (it only supported 20). Because of all the subtitles streams, this was pushing it over. The patch was already in the linux build of ffmpeg, but I'd missed it in the OS X build. Mea culpa. I'm going to go over the diffs tomorrow and make sure there's parity between the two.

-elan
Awesome, thanks!
The mods of the forum may remove the links to the samples, I have not edit button. Thanks.
elan Wrote:Found the problem and fixed it. The issue was with ffmpeg not supporting enough streams (it only supported 20). Because of all the subtitles streams, this was pushing it over. The patch was already in the linux build of ffmpeg, but I'd missed it in the OS X build. Mea culpa. I'm going to go over the diffs tomorrow and make sure there's parity between the two.

-elan

I deleted some of the subs and remuxed the file and now it plays fine so it was indeed too many streams (about 21). Thanks for figuring it out so fast. Looking forward to the next update incorporating this fix Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.264 (x264 encoded) movies that don't work yet in XBMC for Mac OS X0