iTunes artwork - the way I did it...
When shifting from iTunes to Xbmc album artwork can be a problem.

As far as I know iTunes collects artwork in seperate folders. To see artwork in XBMC every single folder containing albums must have a file called folder.jpg with artwork.

If you have a lot of songs it can be somewhat of a proces to collect and rename the artwork.

There is surely a smarter way to do it but this is the way I did it:

I found a script which can collect the artwork from iTunes and put it in the album folder. It will name the file with artist and album name but it's easy to rename the files "folder.jpg"

This is the script:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/sc...vealbumart

Hope this can help some of you saving a bit of time...

Regards
Or you can just tell iTunes to embed the cover art into the files. Not sure if this is automate-able or not though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Rasmus Andersen Wrote:This is the script:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/sc...vealbumart

Hope this can help some of you saving a bit of time...

Regards

You can use another script from that site to embed all album artwork into the files.

But it is worth using the script Rasmus suggested as well, to place the album art in the album folder. This ensures you have all your artwork available to you in your music library backup or in case you migrate to another media library besides iTunes that doesn't support embedded artwork.
I scanned my music folder (itunes organized) with xbmc. All of my artwork is embedded. I checked. However I am not getting any artwork to show up in XBMC. The only way I get any artwork is if I look up individual track or album info on XBMC. Any ideas?
that's odd. I think it has to do with the way XBMC looks at file information. Ir works on the xbox, but it takes a while and you have to sometimes play the song to get it to display the picture. This might be something of a media fork independent bug that deals with file meta data. Sounds weird, but try to get the music folder on a fat 32 partition and see if that makes it work. That's all that's the only thing i can come up with. Not sure about the internal substructure's of XBMC Data routines.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes artwork - the way I did it...0