Minimize XBMC or switch to Windowed mode while in Full Screen mode?
Hi,

this is my first post and I´d like to start by thanking you guys for porting XBMC to OSX. It is amazing that a 0.1 release could be so stable and fully featured!

I'd like to ask a simple question (I hope!):

I find that I often need to switch to the desktop while OSXBMC is running in full screen mode. Is there some way to do that?

Unless I missed something currently you need to stop whatever you are doing (e.g. stop whatever movie you are watching) and exit XBMC. I wonder if there is a way to simply hide XBMC into the dock (as if I had minimized it while it is in windowed mode). Then you could click again on the XBMC icon on the dock and go back to the full screen mode.

If there is no way, at least I´d like to have some way to switch to windowed mode without having to manually go to the settings menu. Hopefully, there should be a way to do this from the remote as well.

So, is it possible? If not, I hope this could be added in the future, since it would be very useful.

Thanks again for your great work!

Amadawn
I just found a forum post were elan explained that you can use the / key to go back to windowed mode. Is there some other key that will minimize xbmc as well? And some way to make the apple remote do those things?

Thanks!

Amadawn
right now only the \ key is supported. I have a ticket opened to support more apple style shortcuts (command+F, Command+M, etc.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimize XBMC or switch to Windowed mode while in Full Screen mode?0