Awesome
I just got XBMC today and it's awesome. I love being able to watch YouTube through the XBOX. Everything about it is just great. It makes me feel like my XBOX is still really useful, since all I used it for before was... Y'know... Playing XBOX games. I love all the cool features and whatnot. Great job.
This seems like as good a time as any for me to chime in as well. The work you guys have done with XBMC is amazing, especially considering the limited resources the Xbox has to work with. Despite not being the most flexible or powerful HTPC app out there, there's something to be said about something working with very little configuration and messing around. Great job... all of you.
I'll join in on spreading the appreciation Smile
I'm not a console gamer at all, I got an XBOX purely for XBMC and I love it Cool
So lots of thanks to everyone making all this possible Nod
Yes!! I figured this would be a good place to say how awesome XBMC is as well!

I am mostly here for Emulation and gaming in general! I don't plan on taking this online for the most part- but its truly amazing all the work that has gone into making the Media Center a dream come true!!Laugh
Youtube on my TV STILL blows my mind. Can't do that with anything but XBMC.
Well, you kind of can with a Wii and the Opera browser....

Not that its all that great-but...
xbmc is amazing, truly a rare gem.
Well, yeah, you can do YouTube on TV with other things... I personally can't though.
Seems like a good thread to post as to not create another "thank you thread".

THANK YOU!

I used XBMC for a long time but about a year ago built an HTPC and ran Media Portal. Today I got a 1.5TB My Book though, and decided to give XBMC another shot. You guys have come a long way in just the year that I haven't used it. It's amazing!

There are a lot of great improvements but my favorite is the "Add Source" rather than having a whole lotta sources listed by default. I haven't messed with it, but it looks like i can specify multiple paths and label it as a single volume? If I'm right on this, it's EXACTLY what I've ALWAYS been looking for. I've already ordered another 1.5TB My Book, so being able to have a Movie folder on each, and sync 'em up is outstanding.

Also, it seems like the IMDB search is a LOT better these days, the ability to clean it up within the UI is also nice.

I also read something about an HTTP API? I know back in the day the web ui was sorely underdeveloped, so I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the hard work. I'ma go buy an XBMC BBQ Apron to support you guys!

(well, at least some stickers!)
I'm glad I saw someone vaguely recommend this when I was having Trainer problems. It didn't fix my trainer problems (something completely different did), but it introduced me to the best XBOX dashboard ever. I was using Evox for the longest time... I had no idea XBMC existed and never would have known about it but now I'm glad I do.
I'm still impressed by things like how crazy and awesome themes can be. I love the MC360 theme, which even lets users download skins for the theme straight from the XBOX. XBMC inspired me to finally get an HDTV cable so I can plug this into the big TV in the living room and enjoy all the great stuff there.
codexile Wrote:I haven't messed with it, but it looks like i can specify multiple paths and label it as a single volume?

That´s right, and that is indeed a great feature. Keeps everything tidy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome0