Crash on changing Aspect Ratio 0.1.7
Since I installed XBMC 0.1.7 it crashes when I try to change the Aspect Ratio while playing a movie.

I found this in my logfile:

10:18:23 T:2685505440 M:1322045440 DEBUG: OnKey: 61530 pressed, action is 19
10:18:23 T:2685505440 M:1322041344 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoplayer.soften) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
Evol Wrote:Since I installed XBMC 0.1.7 it crashes when I try to change the Aspect Ratio while playing a movie.

I found this in my logfile:

10:18:23 T:2685505440 M:1322045440 DEBUG: OnKey: 61530 pressed, action is 19
10:18:23 T:2685505440 M:1322041344 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoplayer.soften) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

Just for a test make sure you have the soften radio button unchecked in video settings.
iordonez Wrote:Just for a test make sure you have the soften radio button unchecked in video settings.

Hmm I cant find the buton you are talking about, I did find out though that if I change the Aspect Ratio in the video settings while playing it works fine, XMBC just chrashes when I try to do it by hitting the"z" key.
It's under video settings -> Player -> Soften

make sure this is off.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Player
iordonez Wrote:It's under video settings -> Player -> Soften

make sure this is off.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Player

Hmm this is strange.. I know I have had these options before like "soften" and "flicker filter" but I dont have these anymore.
I'm pretty sure all those options got removed because they only did something on the Xbox hardware. Under Linux/OS X they were essentially just placebo adjustments Smile

-elan
Evol Wrote:Hmm this is strange.. I know I have had these options before like "soften" and "flicker filter" but I dont have these anymore.

You sir are correct, they have been removed! I know they were useless settings but I didn't know they got taken out Wink

I would try deleting your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder and setting it up fresh. You may have turned it on in a previous version that still supported it.
elan Wrote:I'm pretty sure all those options got removed because they only did something on the Xbox hardware. Under Linux/OS X they were essentially just placebo adjustments Smile

-elan

Aaa ok then the mystery is solved, but hitting the "z" key to change Aspect Ratio still kills XBMC! Sad
Since Elan and I replied at the same time don't forget to try the steps in my post Wink
iordonez Wrote:You sir are correct, they have been removed! I know they were useless settings but I didn't know they got taken out Wink

I would try deleting your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder and setting it up fresh. You may have turned it on in a previous version that still supported it.

I have tried all that, I just tried going back to 0.1.6 and then it works just fine so to me it looks like there is something to do with 0.1.7.

Thanx for all your help though.
My Guess it has to do with the removal of the soften setting from the preferences but not from the actual video player code... Wait for the next version and see if the xbmc team fixes it.
iordonez Wrote:My Guess it has to do with the removal of the soften setting from the preferences but not from the actual video player code... Wait for the next version and see if the xbmc team fixes it.

Yepp my guess to.. I just filed a ticket to let them know.
Thanks for the ticket. Fixed in the next release.

-elan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on changing Aspect Ratio 0.1.70