Sat->IP vs USB adapter
Hello all,

I've got a chromebox running libreelec and tvheadend with a couple of usb dvb-t2 sticks for tuners which is working great.

I'd now like to add dvb-s2 capability and I was looking at usb stick solutions before I stumbled across the Sat->IP devices. I was initially struck by how expensive the USB sticks for dvb-s2 are over their dvb-t2 counterparts and then again by how much better value Sat over IP seems to be given that the devices are not much more expensive than a single tuner usb stick but often have four tuners.

Anyway, my question is - are the sat over IP tuners easy to add and configure on TVHeadend? or would I be better off sticking to the USB solutions?

Many thanks!
No problem and easy with Digibit R1 in Libreelec/Tvh
Sat>ip is the way to go.
Install the Sat>IP box where it is discrete / convenient for the Sat cable connections and you have flexibility to locate the TVheadend backend wherever there is a good network connection.
Most Sat>IP receivers have 4 or more tuners in one box.  the Installation is tidier than having 4 x USB  dongles  hanging off the side connected to stiff coax cables. Note that each  DVB-S2 USB dongle will also have an additional separate power supply taking up 4 x sockets.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sat->IP vs USB adapter0