Crash on playing video_ts
I removed xbmc completely. Download the latest version and insalled again. It crashes every time I try to access a video_ts.

I setup the paths to my folders and even tried moving the folders around. No luck.

I have my rips done with latest version of MTR. They are in my Movies > Rips folders. Some are full rips and some are main features only.

I tried moving the movie folder, for example "MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US", directly to the Movies folder and no luck.

Any further instructions?
try creating at source with 1 rip in it, usually crashes are related to a specific file, keep weeding down to find which one is causing the crash. As I said before, TS folders do actually work.
Elan and jmarshall,

After finally getting the win32 version of xbmc installed on my XP machine, I was able to play locally the video_ts folder that keeps crashing XBMC in OSX. It started right up, I was able to operate the DVD menu play through a few chapters and exit the DVD and XBMC with no problem.

So does that mean it is a problem specific to OSX? I do not have an linux machine or xbox to test it further.

Let me know what steps, if any, you would like me to take next.

Thanks
jayman978 Wrote:So does that mean it is a problem specific to OSX?

It's looking like it. Best thing to do is put a bug on Trac describing as best you can how to reproduce, including the crash log. Unfortunately I have zero DVDs lying around, so I'll need to borrow one from a friend Smile

Many thanks,

-elan
Can you help this noob out and tell me how to get the crash log?

Cheers.
elan,

I did some testing last night related to this problem. I did several fresh DVD rips using MTR and found that the issue is not with Main Feature Extraction like I originally thought but with Title Set Extraction. Anytime I tried to play a DVD that had been ripped using Title Set Extraction, XBMC would crash. These same DVDs would play fine in the win32 XBMC and in FrontRow.

I will put a bug on Trac tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks
Brilliant, thanks for doing the additional work to narrow it down. I'll look for the bug.

-elan
Jayman, you said in your original post, "I recently used MTR to do a Main Feature extraction of Michael Clayton. This is the only one that will not play from my local drive in XBMC. It plays perfectly in FrontRow. Does XBMC have an aversion to Main Feature extractions versus Full Disk Extractions?"

Michael Clayton was a MF extraction and not a Title Set Extraction. But you just said it was now Title Set Extraction that is causing the issue.

I have never done a Title Set Extraction and only must Main or Full. I crash every time. There is something more to this OS X issue.
Husar,

Yes in my original post I said it was Main Feature Extraction that was the problem but I was mistaken. I did the rip over to be sure and it is Title Set Extraction that I am having the issue with. I did fresh rips on three movies on both Title set, Main feature and full disk extraction and kept them on the local drive. All of the DVD rips that are Full Disc or Main Feature Extraction are working. None of the Title Set rips worked. Are your rips on your local drive or a network drive. As iordonez mentioned earlier in this thread, there are issues with playing files over SMB that are being worked on.

For a little while, I could not get anything (regardless of rip type) to play without crashing. I deleted ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and the app and reinstalled it and it started playing everything but the Title Set rips. I will say I am noticing quality issues with the playback of all video_ts folders that I do not see in front row but that is another discussion for another thread.

The best thing for you to do is when XBMC crashes, click the report button and copy and past the report to pastbin.com and paste the link pastebin gives you into the thread. I am new to XBMC like you. If you do that you'll have a better chance of getting a response from people in the know Big Grin.
Yes, mine are all right on my HD. Out of my Movies folder. I am going to delete as you suggested and see what I get. I will post the crash details if it doesn't work to pastbin.com.

Thanks!
No luck at all. Delete application then the ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC. Still crashes for me.

Here is my report if anyone wants to take a look: http://pastebin.com/m62fcfb76
Husar Wrote:No luck at all. Delete application then the ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC. Still crashes for me.

Here is my report if anyone wants to take a look: http://pastebin.com/m62fcfb76

That crash looks like a crash generating a thumbnail, down in the MPEG2 decoder code. I've actually seem a similar crash, there are some dragons in that there code.

-elan
elan Wrote:That crash looks like a crash generating a thumbnail, down in the MPEG2 decoder code. I've actually seem a similar crash, there are some dragons in that there code.
FYI; XBMC for Linux used to crash as well when automaticly generating video thumbnails but I think that has been fixed(?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for looking at this. I will keep my fingers crossed for the next release.
How is this looking in 0.4.0? I'd like to upgrade the ticket or close it depending on your feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on playing video_ts0