[REQUEST] Arcade Emulator Launcher Plugin for XBMC (that's a Plugin so not a Script)?
Rookie Wrote:If I'm correct can't he just launch a PC emulator and roms from the launcher program?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

Let me know if it works out for you.Also,if you download the launcher and try it,make sure you read over the thread in the above link as it does have bugs.

Yeah I saw this but it doesnt work on the xbox version of XBMC (well when I scanned the first few pages thats the impression I got).

Edit: Actually reading this again, I might be a step closer to what I need Smile. Thnx

Quote:what does roms have to do with xbmc? there are programs for xbox that already do this...

Care to share?

Quote: Well in short, check the readme.txt files on your emulators and maybe there is something in there about using a different storage area for holding ROMS and Samba support. Otherwise if you’re trying to get this to work on an Xbox emulator, e-mail the emulator creator and they would probably get you instructions on how to do this faster than waiting for a response here. Good luck with that!

iRoNBiLL

I think I have placed too much emphasis on the "emulator" side of things.
What I am looking for is a nice GUI to search a predefined samba share that will then copy the file over to a local directory. Once that’s done write a .cut file and execute it.
So basically what I am looking for is a simple file manager (like the one XBMC uses) and for it to have the capability to write and execute a .cut file taking information from the file selected.

Example of .cut file (as before):

Quote:<shortcut>
<path>f:\emulators\NeoGenesis\default.xbe</path>
<label>(Transferred game name, taken from file name)</label>
<thumb>f:\thumbs\(Transferred game name, taken from file name).png</thumb>
^.png transferred with game
<custom>
<game>f:\temp\ (Game that was transferred over samba).smd</game>
</custom>
</shortcut>
Lightbulb 
Hi everyone I know this is a subject which has been discussed at length throughout this forum but is there a working emulator plugin for XBMC?

I know there is a plugin called 'launcher' but you can't categorise the different roms by emulator like you can with My Emulator plugin for MediaPortal.

I know there is a plugin called Game Library in development, but all I can see is lines and lines of good ideas and procrastination and no working plugin.

Plz help me out guys. All I need for the ultimate HTPC is a working emulator plugin.
Lightbulb 
I think this may be a small piece of what you need. Perhaps someone could mod this to fit? I would do it myself but I have no idea about programming with XBMC. It allows samba transfers between xbox and pc

here

While Im here have you thought about getting rid of your xbox and just building your own HTPC? This can be done for about £150 for a basic setup which will play HD content and boot quickly. Let me know if ur interested and I will post links to a guide and a place where you can get the equipment for peanuts
Big Grin 
crispy86 Wrote:Hi everyone I know this is a subject which has been discussed at length throughout this forum but is there a working emulator plugin for XBMC?

I know there is a plugin called 'launcher' but you can't categorise the different roms by emulator like you can with My Emulator plugin for MediaPortal.

I know there is a plugin called Game Library in development, but all I can see is lines and lines of good ideas and procrastination and no working plugin.

Plz help me out guys. All I need for the ultimate HTPC is a working emulator plugin.

Please excuse my incredibly atypical noob question as can be seen from the above quote. I admit that I am a dick and that you can achieve the above with the launcher plugin.

Anyway if there are any other noobs out there (who might be having an off day like I was) I would recommend this patch by [JustSomeUser]

JustSomeUser Wrote:@Darkjasper
Try this patched launcher if you have spaces in your paths or apply this patch.

This time I have three new patches Big Grin
-search function to quickly search through big rom lists (all launchers or single launcher)
-remove dead rom entries while importing
-thumbs for normal apps (also for launchers (tests the roms path and exe path)) from file system (like the other thumbs patch for the roms)
Code:
X:\Path\To\My\RomsPath\
X:\Path\To\My\RomsPath.png
X:\Path\To\My\App.exe
X:\Path\To\My\App.jpg

This includes a patched launcher (the one I currently use) and also the patches are in there in separated files (lib folder) if you want to patch your own.
Launcher_1.04_patched_r1_JustSomeUser.zip ~30kb
What I added to my patched launcher
Code:
-spaces in rom names fix for windows (I don't know if this is a problem on linux)
-sort apps, launchers and roms alphabetically
-thumbs for roms from folder while importing
-thumbs for launchers and apps from folder while adding a new one
-remove dead rom entries while importing
-search function for all or single launcher
-changed item order of the context menus
-added .cmd extension for windows to be selected as app or launcher
-minimize xbmc while running an app or rom ([url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=427765&postcount=555]xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")[/url])
that should be it.

Happy Holidays
Ended up finding a good one. Nearly all the emulators on the emulation sites had a virus in the .exe command.

**Mods please close this thread
Hi,

searching this feature for my HTPC too, I am really interested in this kind of plugin.
i'm not python developper (just some basis) but i can help for graphical tasks.

i've found a link which can be interesting cause you can search by rom filename, http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/

++
Hey kbalist,

you might want to check out this thread... its coming along pretty good. not sure whether it supports xbox or not. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

John
thanks jpreville,

i've seen this thread and installed it, but it's just another lancher with advantages and problems.
It becomes really confusing between severals plugin we can install to do the same thing. it could be a great step to centralize developments in one plugin.

just to summarize here is a list of plugins which are supposed to do this job :
- Rom Collection Browser
- Mame frontend (windows only for now)
- Launcher : (has a twin in french passion repo)
- Advanced Launcher
- EmuLauncher

the bigger difficulty is to know which plugins are still maintained.
perhaps dharma and new plugin system, could be a good event to clarify this kind of things.
I know it's possible to do, considering I got kinda close and I suck at this stuff, anyone more skilled in these sorts of things wanna give this a try?
have you seen the search box ?
Yes I have seen the search box, I searched extensively for something of this sort with no luck (other than one thread which ended in a dead end), also I realize by rom browser I wasn't very clear, I meant a plugin that would scrape a website like doperoms.com allowing you to download roms directly from xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Arcade Emulator Launcher Plugin for XBMC (that's a Plugin so not a Script)?0