Internet lookup options for movies and TV Shows? Scraping/Scrubbing Metadata/Posters?
Question 
is there a way that i can select a source (like my external drive called "TV Shows") and set the content to tv shows, then select TVDB.com as the host, and then run a manual scrub?

by manual scrub...i mean it will start with first folder or episode, and give me a list of options it found, and let me select the correct one, and then show me the artwork options, and let me select...and then it will finish the import for that show before moving to the next show. When it gets to the next show, it would start the same process of showing me the options.

this would be like FrontRow (Sapphire Browser) plugin's scrubbing.
Yes, kind of at least. Simple set content of the source to "TV Shows" and the TVDB scraper, but do not tick the box to Run Automated Scan, instead just select ok. Then you will need to manual press TV Show information (via the context-menu, or if you got a button mapped directly) for each of the TV Shows you have under that, ...same as for movies (with the difference that for movies you do this for individual movies instead of individual TV Shows).
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=How_To_use_Scrapers
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows

PS! XBMC it is called "scraping" (not scrubbing), this bacause it 'scrapes' a website or online-database for the metadata.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just note scraping Video_TS files that have been ripped from MTR can be a little confusing. 90% of the time it works great, movies is named fine. I've had some problems with some movies that have similar names such as:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0012349/ shows as http://imdb.com/title/tt0219854/
http://imdb.com/title/tt0062229/ shows as http://imdb.com/title/tt0325710/

Since the names are similar the scraper will pick the wrong one. I kind of expected a context menu to be available in library view when selecting an item to allow you to manually set the IMDB number or choose another title. Trying to manually set the movie info on a VIDEO_TS folder isn't as cut and dry as a single file. I haven't found much info on the wiki that allows me to properly fix this either.

Also in the Wiki is states "You can always do a manual lookup instead from the context menu." I have yet to find a context item called Manual Lookup. There is manually add to library which just dumps the video into the library with no information...
Name your file as follows "The Kid (1921)" should solve your problem... you will probably find that imdb is assuming "The Kid" is an exact match for "The Kid (2000)" not much we can do this end afaik but i stand to be corrected.but ONLY if its not an exact match.

And there is a manual list
C-Quel Wrote:Name your file as follows "The Kid (1921)" should solve your problem... you will probably find that imdb is assuming "The Kid" is an exact match for "The Kid (2000)" not much we can do this end afaik but i stand to be corrected.but ONLY if its not an exact match.

And there is a manual list

Thanks a bunch, that helped! I renamed both The Kid and Samurai, Le so they had the dates in the top folder of the TS folders. Now they both show correctly. Looks like you were cut off in your post about a manual list though?

Like I said it would be nice to grab a mislabeled video from library mode and point it in the right direction.
We could even name the context menu to change movie info to "I want that one..." Wink
Always add the year within parenthes for perfect IMDb lookups on every movie, the same for some TV Shows such as "Doctor Who and "Knight Rider" which has multiple entries.

For TV Shows it is only needed for those with multiple entries, see here:

\TV Shows\Californication\Season 1\Californication - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Doctor Who (1963)\Season 1\Doctor Who - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Doctor Who (2005)\Season 1\Doctor Who - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Knight Rider (1982)\Season 1\Knight Rider - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Knight Rider 2008\Season 1\Knight Rider - S01E01.avi
\Two and a Half Men\Season 1\Two and a Half Men - S01E01.avi

...but for movies it is recommended for all, like this:

\Movies\Alien (1979)
\Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994).avi
\Movies\Reservoir Dogs (1992)
\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)
\Movies\Léon (1994)
\Movies\Scarface (1983)

\Movies\Alien (1979)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994).avi\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\Movies\Reservoir Dogs (1992)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\Movies\Léon (1994)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\Movies\Scarface (1983)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks guys, That really did it for my library, Making some changes to a few files to get it looking perfect now!
In the same vein, how do the scrapers handle multipart movie/episodes, such as: The.Mist-cd1.avi and The.Mist-cd2.avi

Thanks.
all files are stacked prior to lookups so it handles it just fine
thelaughingman Wrote:how do the scrapers handle multipart movie/episodes, such as: The.Mist-cd1.avi and The.Mist-cd2.avi
That should work fine, see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking
Just to comment on the original post.

What you wanted, and apparently did, accomplish is really not any benefit.

I assume you wanted to do this to make sure it got the right shows, however the better to do it is thus:

1 )Set Content, and then let it scan everything, making its best guess as appropriate and grabbing the default thumb/poster.

2) In a decent setup this will scan 80-90% correct. Then just got through to the ones that did scan wrong, and select Movie/TV Show Information, Select Refresh, and if its a TV Series that was the wrong one, select YES to refresh all episodes. Then you will be taken to the screen to choose the right show title or enter a manual one.

This process gives the same benefit, but you only have to do a manual on the ones it goofed on, not all of them. Its
Thanks Spiff good to know.

Related to this thread: When I scan Movies I get info and most of the posters just fine, but when I scan TV Shows I get the info, but no posters, is this something else that I have to configure? I'm using thetvdb.com scaper.
thelaughingman Wrote:Thanks Spiff good to know.

Related to this thread: When I scan Movies I get info and most of the posters just fine, but when I scan TV Shows I get the info, but no posters, is this something else that I have to configure? I'm using thetvdb.com scaper.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if your native language is not English. In wich case it may be havig troulbe finding banners because most of them are English. If this is the case, go into your scraper settings and enable Language Override.
I'm not sure where to change those settings besides removing and readding my content, but my native/default language is English anyway so I don't think that is the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet lookup options for movies and TV Shows? Scraping/Scrubbing Metadata/Posters?0