Weird video problem ATI Mobility 9600 on Hardy
Yeah, it's definitely related to the new ATI drivers. I am just going to revert back to gutsy as I don't even want to mess with getting the older ATI drivers working on Hardy. Thanks for pointing me to that thread, same exact problem.

Dustin
Exclamation 
Well, i have this issue as well. however i just wanted to report that it is indeed a driver issue as the the problem was evedent in the windows version of XBMC that i was running from a vista laptop with the radeon xpress 1100 chipset before i updated to the most recent drivers. this leads me to believe that a fix will be coming in the form of updated linux drivers from ATI but who knows how long that will take.

Thanks,
Slice
Question 
I was also wondering if the OEM drivers Ubuntu offers are the most recent version? i know this bug was fixed in the most recent windows version of the drivers but my Ubuntu system is still experiencing the problems. anyone know if there is a work around? and does anyone know how i can check to make sure i have the newest driver version installed on my Ubuntu rig? i know the most recent ATI drivers for Linux were released on Dec. 10 2008 (Ver. 8.12). witch ones is Ubuntu using?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird video problem ATI Mobility 9600 on Hardy0