how to feed audio from macbook pro to tv/stereo receiver?
I'm new to using xbmc on a mac book (or any PC for that matter) - I've been uysing it for years opn my xbox - love it.

Anyway, I just played my first x264 72-P movie on the macbook pro using osxbmc - I was very impressed with the image quality. I then feed the image to my tv through the mac dvi port into my tv hdmi port. Again the pic was very very nice on my tv. Problem is that no sound went into the tv (only sound came from the macbook, which was not that loud). The only port on the macbook for audio is a small phono-type prong, so I found a cable with this prong on one end a typical RCA left/right plugs on the other. When I plugged these into the TV, I had to turn the volume to 100% and stil could barely hear anything.

What am I doing wrong? Also if the x264 movie has digital sound, will it travel through the left/right RCA plug, or do I need some special cable to feed from the macbook to the tv (or stereo reciever).?

Thanks
hi best option its optical cable to dolby digital reciever then you have 5.1 sound i dont know if you have DD reciever but also sell just 5.1 speaker system like this http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speake...4&cl=us,en
i hope its help bye m
The headphone jack on the macbook pro has a mini-optical out....

"Connect external speakers, headphones, or optical digital audio equipment. The headphone / line output jack accommodates optical digital audio output, analog audio output with a 24-bit, 44.1-192 kHz D/A converter, digital audio output up to 24-bit stereo and 44.1-192 kHz sampling rate and supporting encoded digital audio output (AC3 and DTS). For analog headphone / line output a standard audio cable with 3.5mm metal plug should be used. For digital audio, a standard toslink cable with a toslink mini-plug adapter can be used."

So what you need is a mini-optical adapter to you can just connect to your optical out on our 5.1 receiver.
Like so...

http://www.amazon.com/TOSLINK-TO-OPTICAL-MINI-ADAPTER/dp/B0002MQGRM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to feed audio from macbook pro to tv/stereo receiver?0