Oddities with Library
I'm trying to track down the source of this and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the problem. Basically I create a new source, add the IMDB scraper to the source and let it run. My library is populated just fine and everything seems great... Now fast forward an unspecified amount of time and I see the following:

1. Scan for new content is missing from the context menu for the source in file mode at the root (where all your sources are located)
2. Choosing "Movie Information" in Library prompts you with a Text input window that shows the title of the movie you are watching. Clicking done just brings the same text input up regardless if you input the name correctly or incorrectly.

Sorry to be vague right now, I'm trying to see if anyone else has seen these issues before... I'm trying to replicate them so I can pull log files for exactly when it happens, etc.
I'm having the exact same problem.

In addition; i add a new moive to my Movies folder that is set to be scraped by the imdb scraper or a new episode to my TV Shows folder that is set to be scraped by the tvdb, then launch xmbc and nothing happens. library options is set to update the library at launch.

i have to go up to the file viewer and set the content again on these two folders. it works then..

i'm guessing more people arew having this problem..
muzo178 Wrote:I'm having the exact same problem.

In addition; i add a new moive to my Movies folder that is set to be scraped by the imdb scraper or a new episode to my TV Shows folder that is set to be scraped by the tvdb, then launch XBMC and nothing happens. library options is set to update the library at launch.

i have to go up to the file viewer and set the content again on these two folders. it works then..

i'm guessing more people arew having this problem..

I too have similar problems - Set up new drives, set content, and scan.

1. Some titles are not brought into the file or library list and I can't get them in. About 3% of the titles.
  2. Some titles are brought in with wrong name. Adding (date) to the source file and updating library seems to fix many but not all. Some that are released outside the us or have had the name changed come up wrong. Changing title in XBMC doesn't bring over the right data all the time. And when I update library the name I changed it to doesn't stick and resets itself.
  3. Keep having to reset the content type for each drive. Never stays.
From what I've found thus far is if you toss your entire ~/Application Support/XBMC folder all this works again (including adding new movies). Try it. Keep a close out and see if you can figure out at what point the setting go astray..
Yep, I am experiencing the exact same problems as you guys.

I never used the application on the original Xbox, so am not really sure what to expect, but have been using osxbmc for the last few releases and have never been able to get my library to function perfectly.

Following the instructions on the Wiki I add my sources & set my scraper settings, for both Tv series and Movies. I go into the folders and make sure it has grabbed all the relevant information.

When I switch to Library mode I get a variety of outcomes, mostly nothing appears, sometimes everything shows up but when I click 'Movie Information' it brings up the option to type the name, hit enter and it does nothing...

Some days I can get it to work, but when I close and relaunch osxbmc I am back to square one again...
jeremymc7 Wrote:[*]Some titles are brought in with wrong name. Adding (date) to the source file and updating library seems to fix many but not all. Some that are released outside the us or have had the name changed come up wrong. Changing title in XBMC doesn't bring over the right data all the time. And when I update library the name I changed it to doesn't stick and resets itself.[/LIST]

Here's examples of how adding the (date) doesn't fix issues. It'll pull the correct movie data, but not the correct USA title. This seems to be becuase of the way XBMC hits up IMDB and how IMDB displays the result. Whats the work around though?

Folder name "Arthur And The Invisibles (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Arthur et les Minimoys"

Folder name "Jet Li's - Fearless (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Huo Yuan Jia"

Folder name "Host, The (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Gwoemul"

I've got other examples where it won't even pull the correct movie at all because it's not hitting the USA titles.
jeremymc7 Wrote:Here's examples of how adding the (date) doesn't fix issues. It'll pull the correct movie data, but not the correct USA title. This seems to be becuase of the way XBMC hits up IMDB and how IMDB displays the result. Whats the work around though?

Folder name "Arthur And The Invisibles (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Arthur et les Minimoys"

Folder name "Jet Li's - Fearless (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Huo Yuan Jia"

Folder name "Host, The (2006)" scans into OSXBMC Library as "Gwoemul"

I've got other examples where it won't even pull the correct movie at all because it's not hitting the USA titles.

That's because what is in IMDB is that title. To see what you're actually doing to scrape from IMDB search for yourself... see what the top hit is. That is what XBMC will pull up. So for the first one you get:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0344854/

There is nothing the dev team can do about that short of editing IMDB Wink
Its grabbing the correct info as requested... Arthur And The Invisibles (2006) is a French Movie hence the French title. Fearless and The Host both fall into that catergory.

Renaming your Movie Title using the context menu in Library view is a great solution. Smile
Back to the original topic of missing movie info, etc. I think I've narrowed it down a little... my library worked FINE for 24 hours until I ticked the "Update Library at startup" and restarted XBMC. Now "Scan for new Content is gone" and Movie Information just gives me the endless loop of text prompt..

The xbmc.log file from my session that screwed everything up is here:

http://pastebin.com/m4124081a
C-Quel Wrote:Its grabbing the correct info as requested... Arthur And The Invisibles (2006) is a French Movie hence the French title. Fearless and The Host both fall into that catergory.

Renaming your Movie Title using the context menu in Library view is a great solution. Smile

Understood. And I have renamed the titles. But when the library next updates it reverts back to the IMDB naming thus overriding the name change I make prior using the context menu.
jeremymc7 Wrote:Understood. And I have renamed the titles. But when the library next updates it reverts back to the IMDB naming thus overriding the name change I make prior using the context menu.

Ahhh now thats a bug!
iordonez Wrote:That's because what is in IMDB is that title. To see what you're actually doing to scrape from IMDB search for yourself... see what the top hit is. That is what XBMC will pull up. So for the first one you get:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0344854/

There is nothing the dev team can do about that short of editing IMDB Wink

I would think there could be a checkbox to "Maintain folder naming" which would pull the IMDB metadata but use the naming convention you have in your folder (or filename).

This is also helpful for when you want titles to appear together but their not Movie 1, Movie 2, Movie 3, etc. IE The Indiana Jones, Fantastic Four, & Jurrasic Park movies get sorted into different places because of how their named. This also is helpful when you might have different versions of the same movie.

It would save a load of time in renaming everything in XBMC that you've already renamed in the OS directory structure.

But then this starts to sound more like a feature request and thus not for disucssion here. =)
jeremymc7 Wrote:But then this starts to sound more like a feature request and thus not for disucssion here. =)

Yeah you totally derailed my original post Wink
Figured out HOW this is happening... Sooo if you are seeing the following:

1. Movie Information doesn't work in Library mode.
2. Scan for new content not present in context menu of selecting a source.
3. New content not adding to Library.

The culprit is the "Update Library" context menu in the library and/or the "Update Library at startup" setting under Video -> Library. Running either of these will pretty much break your library. So for now the steps to avoid this are:

1. Remove ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC
2. Start XBMC, re-setup sources, etc. Make sure NOT to turn on Update library at startup.
3. Quit XBMC, Make a copy of ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC You can put this back later if your wife clicks "Update Library".

Now You should have a working library, sources added and everything is great... now you might ask how you add new content? Go to Videos and file view. Bring up context menu a source and click "Scan for new content". This menu item will safely update your library without messing up settings.

Ticket filed here:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/151
Nice work iordonez, I have been going round in circles trying to maintain a consistent library - will give this a go tonight...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Oddities with Library0