Oddities with Library
C-Quel Wrote:Its grabbing the correct info as requested... Arthur And The Invisibles (2006) is a French Movie hence the French title. Fearless and The Host both fall into that catergory.

Renaming your Movie Title using the context menu in Library view is a great solution. Smile

Is there another way to hard code it. IE putting some sort of tag or info file along with the actual file so that XBMC uses that data instead of the result from IMDB for that file only. Having to sort through a list of thousands of files and manually change each one every time the library is redone is a pain.
jeremymc7 Wrote:Is there another way to hard code it. IE putting some sort of tag or info file along with the actual file so that XBMC uses that data instead of the result from IMDB for that file only. Having to sort through a list of thousands of files and manually change each one every time the library is redone is a pain.

Yes, it's in the Manual somewhere. You can have files that contain the data you want... I don't have time to find it right now though.
iordonez Wrote:Yes, it's in the Manual somewhere. You can have files that contain the data you want... I don't have time to find it right now though.

I've been going through the manual and haven't found anything yet. If someone know's where to find the information, please put up the link.

Thanks all.
make a file called moviename.nfo

stick the imdb url in there. all set. or the full information in xml format if you prefer - it's all in the wiki
spiff Wrote:make a file called moviename.nfo

stick the imdb url in there. all set. or the full information in xml format if you prefer - it's all in the wiki

Perfect. That was enough to find in the wiki manual. Thanks !
spiff Wrote:make a file called moviename.nfo

I can get it pull the IMDB data or put in my own data. IE with just the IMDB title link or XML data.

Is there a way to have it pull the IMDB data as usual. Since in some cases it pulls the right movie info, but force a manual overide of the title for foreign titles or movies that have a different name between video / theater.

I tried just saving the .nfo (matching the file name) with only the following info hoping it would overide the title displayed in OSXBC but pull the correct info from IMDB. It pulled the correct IMDB info but didn't display the desired change in title.

<movie>
<title>MOVIE TITLE DESIRED</title>

Any help?
jeremy i'm not sure if this answers your question or not, but in the past when I have scraped IMDB and then needed to make adjustments to the title, in Library Mode I pulled up the context menu for that particular movie and selected "Edit Title."

Not sure if that's available when you're in File mode (XBMC is being used right now so I can't check), or if that's what you're trying to accomplish...
phunkysai Wrote:jeremy i'm not sure if this answers your question or not, but in the past when I have scraped IMDB and then needed to make adjustments to the title, in Library Mode I pulled up the context menu for that particular movie and selected "Edit Title."

Not sure if that's available when you're in File mode (XBMC is being used right now so I can't check), or if that's what you're trying to accomplish...

Thanks for the help. I know that can be done. I'm looking for a way to hard code it with .nfo file or similar that can be saved and accessed via XBMC each time the library is done from stratch.
You could scan your library, let IMDB do it's thing
Make all the corrections you want so it is how you want it to appear.
Export your library.

This will give you a big xml file with all of your library in it.

Chop up that file into individual moviename.nfo files and put them with your movies.

That will give you all of the imdb info, your corrected titles and the ability to set your own genres/ratings/thumbnails etc.

It's painful and slow but once its done, its done (until they change the nfo file layout after a database schema change)
nfo's wont break - thats the beauty of xml. worst case you will be missing some tags.
plus you can use the nfo app instead of chopping it up manually.
spiff Wrote:nfo's wont break - thats the beauty of xml. worst case you will be missing some tags.

There's an gui front end "NFO app" fro Mac?
doubt it runs on macs
spiff Wrote:nfo's wont break - thats the beauty of xml. worst case you will be missing some tags.

Umm what about back when the actors were held as
Code:
<cast>actorname as role, actorname as role, actorname as role</cast>
fine, if you REALLY want to argue. sure, the cast tags might have broken at that point but the rest didnt. the nfo file didnt crash the app, you just got some bad info. in any case i dont feel a tiny weeny bit sorry for you.
jeremy, just use TextEdit and save it as an .nfo file....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Oddities with Library0