21:9 television support
Hi,

I have a PHILIPS 21:9 television. XBMC works great with movies on it. But everytime I launch an OSD (On Screen Display) for lets say subtitles, language, chapter or etc; the OSD menu falls out of the viewed screen size because I first have to revert back to unscaled screen-size or 16:9. Of course there is an auto-size feature in the tv but that doesn't work well with XBMC. Quit anoying actually.

Again, nothing is wrong with XBMC. But it would be really nice if you can configure for an 21:9 television size in the SYSTEM menu so that the OSD menu's are displayed a little bit higer on the screen without needing to re-scale.

With other words; 21:9 televison support

Thanks!
Just donate skinners some 21:9 TV's. Wink
XBMC itself will support just about any size screen, but as Hitcher said, it's the Skin files that need to support the different aspect ratios. That's why XBMC always looks slightly off on a PC screen that is something like 16:10 (due to most skins being made for 16:9).

The good thing about that is that means no code has to change in XBMC itself.
Well the fact that the osd "falls off" the screen actually makes it sound like his tv is zooming the image too crop black bars rather than running in a native resolution aspect or it would just look all stretched like so (that's a 16x9 movie btw)

Sounds related to a problem I have been working on. If the TV does a real mode switch from 1920x1080 to something that matches 21:9, XBMC won't be aware of the new mode and scaling does not work for the new resolution. At least this is true for Linux. I have fixed this for Linux. It listens for xrandr events while running and updates resolutions in case something has changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
21:9 television support0