Database question
I have several entries in Kodi referencing TV shows that have zero files. Is there a way to keep my list of sources (I have quite a few so removing/readding would suck) but remove all the other cached data and just do a fresh re-build of the data set?
Just to ensure I am understanding correctly...

1. You are using the standard SQL database that comes with Kodi, not a MySQL setup
2. You have TV Shows in the library but you have no episodes in them
3a. The empty TV Shows you want to remove from the library but not affect the rest of the library.
or
3b You do want to delete the library completely and rebuild without the shows in item 2

And by cached data, do you mean artwork?

Let me know which one or other and we can provide proper advice.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-02, 02:42)Karellen Wrote: Just to ensure I am understanding correctly...

1. You are using the standard SQL database that comes with Kodi, not a MySQL setup
2. You have TV Shows in the library but you have no episodes in them
3a. The empty TV Shows you want to remove from the library but not affect the rest of the library.
or
3b You do want to delete the library completely and rebuild without the shows in item 2

And by cached data, do you mean artwork?

Let me know which one or other and we can provide proper advice.

1) Yes, it is the default Kodi setup.
2) Correct
3) either option would work, however I do not want to re-add the sources.

By cached data I was referring to the entire database (minus the list of sources, and their configuration) since the library cleanup function doesn't seem to address this.
Ok, thanks.

Not sure of your experience, I was going to suggest the Clean Library function, but you obviously tried that, and you have left over entries in the database. Can I assume you removed the shows from the library before running the Clean Library.

When you say "I have several entries in Kodi referencing TV shows that have zero files.", I am not sure where you are seeing them. Are the shows still displayed in the library or are you simply seeing the paths in the database?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-02, 03:02)Karellen Wrote: Ok, thanks.

Not sure of your experience, I was going to suggest the Clean Library function, but you obviously tried that, and you have left over entries in the database. Can I assume you removed the shows from the library before running the Clean Library.

When you say "I have several entries in Kodi referencing TV shows that have zero files.", I am not sure where you are seeing them. Are the shows still displayed in the library or are you simply seeing the paths in the database?

I havent delved into the database because I dont want to break things. If I go to the list of TV shows it will have an entry for a TV show with 0/0 (IE zero watched, zero unwatched episodes) I have seen this in the kodi UI, the Kodi iOS app, and a third party kodi app.
Oh, ok. Your thread title misled me, but now that it is in context it makes sense.

Have you done the following...
1. Removed the TV Show folders from your hard drive, and
2. In the library, call up the Context Menu for the TV Show,  select "Manage" then "Remove TV Show".

If you have done the above, then provide a debug log (wiki) please. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging then restart Kodi. Then perform an Update Library. This will tell us what Kodi is doing in the library.
My Signature
So I figured it out, I have my configuration to auto clean when it does a library scan/update however that apparently only removes missing files. it requires a second "cleanup" specific run.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database question0