Computer standby from XBMC
Is there any method that win32 XBMC act like xbox XBMC regarding shutdown? Right now when I select shutdown the application itself shuts down, but I want xbox-like behavior, that whole system shuts down or preferably becasue we are in the XP/Vista world system stands by without leaving XBMC application. That way after turning on we have sweet XBMC waiting for your commands Smile Anyone tried to achive it? Custom keymap.xml? 3rd party app? Any ideas?

DP
not sure how to intergrate it into xbmc, but I have a batch file that shuts down my pc with one keypress..
I know in the skin, with the linux build there is basically a command that can be put in to shut down the computer, instead of just XBMC... maybe this is possible in the windows build too?
the following batch file will start xbmc and shut down your pc after you exit xbmc

xbmc
cd\
shutdown -u

this works as long as you have the windows command "shutdown" in the root dir..

i have tested this is works in XP, not sure about Vista..
shutdown isn't problem. I want my komputer to stand by, not to shut down. I plan to replace the explorer.exe on my HTPC with XBMC. That way XBMC will start automaticly right after boot, and I want to stand by my PC from XBMC. I don't want to use any other application on this PC. Just like I don't use anything else on my Xbox (XBMC is my dashboard)

DP
dpassent Wrote:That way XBMC will start automaticly right after boot, and I want to stand by my PC from XBMC. I don't want to use any other application on this PC. Just like I don't use anything else on my Xbox (XBMC is my dashboard)

i like this idea. I also heard of PE Builder/WinBuilder which can strip Windows XP to 200 MB and on which you can use PlugIns like Firefox, OpenGL. Could imagine that the boot time of a lean windows is also very short.
Suspend to RAM or HDD would be nice too ;-)
supend to ram = stand by, suspend to hdd = hibernate. it's all there - we just need a way to invoke those from XBMC

DP
haven't tested it, but a batch file containing
Code:
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
should send your pc into hibernate mode or standby depending on your power settings 'When I press the sleep button on my computer'
Edit: In order to use standby then your system must have hibernation disabled.
Man, I wish there was an edit for our posts.
anyway, a slightly better version of the code (for standby) would be
Code:
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

the three numbers at the end (0,1,0) correspond to
Hibernate, - if true sets to hibernate instead of suspend
ForceCritical, - if true, the system does the operation immediatly
DisableWakeEvent - if true, the system disables wake events
I think WiSo just need to add "rundoscommand" function to XBMC and after in add it to keymap.xml file to link it to button remote or keyboard.
If you have more insides let me know. More easier than for me to find the right places in the code.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
wiso, there's already a system.exec() on linux - reuse that one.
it's a builtin command, see CUtil::ExecuteBuiltin
Thanks Spiff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer standby from XBMC0