Diffuse Textures
Has anything changed recently with diffuse textures?

I ask because I'm doing some tests on our skin and when I run it in XBMC_PC (compiled on the 26th March) under XP the diffuse textures we're using seem to correctly fade out a reflection as expected.

If I then run exactly the same skin on the same XBMC_PC but under Vista the diffuse texture doesn't seem to have any effect at all (the reflection is not faded anymore). Finally if I run it on the xbox with a version of XBMC built at the same time it looks exactly like the Vista one (no fading on the reflections).

Has something changed recently that would cause such an issue?
There was a change that shouldn't effect anythign unless you specify it it really shouldn't work any different on the win32 skin preview and the xbox version because they use exactly the same code base.
You didn't just forget a new xpr with the diffuse image did you ?
Nope, same xpr & same exe - different machines, different results. It's a weird one Oo

What was the change btw?
Only change i'm aware of, which was maybe a week or so ago, was in regards to how the aspect ratio of diffuse textures was handled.

Revision #12190, March 19
Quote:added: scalediffuse attribute to <aspectratio> tags for image (and largeimage) controls. Allows the skinner to disable the scaling of diffuse when aspectratio forces image scaling to occur. Defaults to true (i.e. previous behaviour).
Different Video Cards ? or bad drivers in vista that dosn't support the effect does the xbox work right ?
PM3 has issues with reflections aswell... look at tv show thumbs in information dialogs or mediaviews.
Right - it's a problem with that commit. Strange that it's taken till now for someone to tell me about it (2 weeks!)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't see it :\ maybe I needed a clean and then compile but all relections looked fine to me but JM fixed it anyway so no biggy I guess
The reflections were invisible on thumbs, but was there on the icons (episodes Media Info view).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks! Big Grin (I thought I must be going mad there as no-one else had mentioned it)
Yeah i had spotted it but also had a handful of other issues which i considered priority... thx for fixing it though JM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Diffuse Textures0