Theme Music (similar to Plex) AND folder specific background ambience music?
actually that may be a good point. Some sort of functionality that allows you to add a start and end marker to a video to indicate the section that plays the theme song...that data could be added to the video library database and then play the audio from that section when entering that show's folder. I of course have no idea how difficult it might be to implement something like this, but the idea seems sound.
timdog82001 Wrote:...that data could be added to the video library database and then play the audio from that section when entering that show's folder. I of course have no idea how difficult it might be to implement something like this, but the idea seems sound.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Just another entry in an .nfo/library telling xbmc which file to play and when to start/stop. It could even be incorporated into XBMC Video Companion. Same thing could be used for movies. It sounds logical but it may be extremely difficult from developers standpoint.
That said, it would be nice to have the ability to have a separate mp3 file as well for shows like Mythbusters, where the theme song generally also contains episode specific dialog. I imagine it would be possible to find these theme songs without the dialog somewhere. Though, now that I think about it, most of these shows still have ending credits with the theme music and no dialog.
New member, first post ever!!!

i was wondering if it would be possible to have folder specific background music/ambience. kind of like a dvd menu. i love the show LOST and it would be awesome whenever i open my LOST seasons that xbmc would start to play the sounds of the beach. or when you open up a folder filed with old looney tunes cartoons it would start playing the looney tunes theme. if this is possible id really like to know and have it implemented. i think everyone would enjoy this.

also if it is possible could it also have the option to fade in once you open the folder, loop while in the folder, and fade out once leaving the folder. thanks so much for your time.
They have this in Plex. It was pretty cool... at first. Now its just irritating as hell.

Might be able to backport it from those guys though.

also, did you just bump that exactly one year from the last post? That's pretty damn patient.

noumenon
noumenon Wrote:also, did you just bump that exactly one year from the last post? That's pretty damn patient.

Haha - was thinking the same thing when I saw that. But ya, would totally love to have this feature available.
Hey guys, I was watching Firefly yesterday, and just realizing how good the theme songs to some TV shows are. Wonder if there would be a way to implement them into the skin somehow. Maybe fade them in while on a TV shows info screen, or while scrolling through episodes of a TV show? I am not a skinner and have no idea how hard this would be, but let me know if you guys think its a bad idea.
You mean like Plex did?
brave little meme loves you.
Here's the only discussion I could find on the topic. It sounds like something beyond the skinner's magical art. You'd have to convince XBMC to actually play music without clicking a musical link. As XBMC only has a limited (i.e. intentionally specific) means of playing any kind of audio or video file, you'd be better off trying to get devs to create this functionality in all of XBMC and not just using the Aeon skin.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41455&page=2
So I've been reading about fair use, the whole Plex thing of hosting music files on a main server somewhere, and things of that ilk, and I've concluded that it's simply a bad idea. Here's an interesting discussion of the "Four Factors" of fair use.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_an...9/9-b.html

Anyway, based on that article, it appears that XBMC might be able to win copyright litigation if it hosted music themes somewhere, but the outcome would be far from certain. Plus, litigation in the first place would be unpleasant.

As such, a local, personal folder solution seems like the best one, if this idea ever were to get developed. Providing the means of playing an mp3 upon opening a folder is, at worst, the equivalent of providing the means of playing an mkv file at any time.
I think it would be wonderful if when you select a movie from the movie list you could listen to a sound track stored in the movie folder. Think how it would be to select "The Empire Strikes Back" and hear the Darth Vader them :

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)

Sorry for bad english
You guys mean something like this?

http://screenjel.ly/5kbfh1B1cZ0

it's got a ways to go, but there's the basic idea.

For the record it does have sound associated with it.
I think it would be cool to play a movies theme song (if it is available) during library browsing.

After a few seconds fade in the theme. Fade it out when changeing movie.

What do you think?

Happy new year! Wink
that it would be hours of work for
1) 3 mins of 'ooh cool'
followed by 2 mins desperate search for the off switch followed by a lifetime of baldness + screwdrivers sticking out of your ears.

totally useless
Jaken Wrote:I think it would be cool to play a movies theme song (if it is available) during library browsing.

After a few seconds fade in the theme. Fade it out when changeing movie.

What do you think?

Happy new year! Wink

spiff Wrote:that it would be hours of work for
1) endless times of 'ooh cool'
followed by having more fun while browsing the movies.

totally usefull

XP

I like the idea
Shall it play from the beginning or from the middle?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theme Music (similar to Plex) AND folder specific background ambience music?0