Theme Music (similar to Plex) AND folder specific background ambience music?
Movie, no:
1. Not every Movie has a theme
2. Don't really spend that much time sitting over a movie...

TV Shows I would entertain the idea:
1. You spend more time on a specific show... TV show level, then Season, then episode level finding your episode.
2. TV show themes are more iconic, most average people can hear 3 seconds of a TV theme and know what show it is.

I thought this was cool, TV show intros but seemed to have fizzled out.
mcborzu Wrote:Movie, no:
1. Not every Movie has a theme
2. Don't really spend that much time sitting over a movie...

TV Shows I would entertain the idea:
1. You spend more time on a specific show... TV show level, then Season, then episode level finding your episode.
2. TV show themes are more iconic, most average people can hear 3 seconds of a TV theme and know what show it is.

I thought this was cool, TV show intros but seemed to have fizzled out.

Yes that seams even more awesome. For movies you could have trailer playing in background or the theme music.
Well, it seams i would have to implement this feature by myself. I just have to learn bit more about programming first Smile
No developers have yet decided to implement this great feature? Surfing the forum I found many places where this feature is desired.

Could be implemented at the level of skin or requires changes to the core of xbmc?

For years, expect this feature!
For movies I wish there is an mp3 in the same folder as the movies, browsing the list of films in the soundtrack should sounds fadeIn/fadeout. The music could be the movie soundtrack (I usually find and store it for each movie) or a sound environment that recalls the atmosphere of the movie. An identical system is used when browsing games on dashboard of PlayStation 3.

This feature would be a logical complement to all information and graphic contributions already present (covers, fan art, posters, trailers, etc.).
picarddontoro Wrote:For years, expect this feature!
For movies I wish there is an mp3 in the same folder as the movies, browsing the list of films in the soundtrack should sounds fadeIn/fadeout. The music could be the movie soundtrack (I usually find and store it for each movie) or a sound environment that recalls the atmosphere of the movie. An identical system is used when browsing games on dashboard of PlayStation 3.

This feature would be a logical complement to all information and graphic contributions already present (covers, fan art, posters, trailers, etc.).

100% agree! I was thinking a couple of days ago if that idea would be possible.
Having background music or background trailers when browsing the films would be a very nice and cool feature!
Personally I would find such a feature annoying and would turn it immediately off.
davilla Wrote:Personally I would find such a feature annoying and would turn it immediately off.

Sorry but from a developer I was expecting a more professional response.

Anyway I would ask you if this feature can be implement in the skin. In this case I could try.

If one day this feature will be implemented many HTPC enthusiasts users and me we'll turn it immediately on!

Thanks in advance.
picarddontoro Wrote:Sorry but from a developer I was expecting a more professional response.

Sorry but as a developer I tend to be brutally honest. Something like this would tend to slow down browsing. You would have to cross fade audio to keep it from getting clipped off and sounding crappy. Cross fade takes time too. Then it gets stacked up and now you need flushing. It's not so simple to add that you just play some audio track. To do it right will take changes in the audio playback sub-system in order to not compromise the GUI browsing.

I'd rather re-factor video/audio playback and GUI rendering overhead. These items are much, much more important.

Plus, I'd rather be entertained by the actual video content and not the method by which that video content is selected and played.
davilla Wrote:Sorry but as a developer I tend to be brutally honest. Something like this would tend to slow down browsing. You would have to cross fade audio to keep it from getting clipped off and sounding crappy. Cross fade takes time too. Then it gets stacked up and now you need flushing. It's not so simple to add that you just play some audio track. To do it right will take changes in the audio playback sub-system in order to not compromise the GUI browsing.

I'd rather re-factor video/audio playback and GUI rendering overhead. These items are much, much more important.

Plus, I'd rather be entertained by the actual video content and not the method by which that video content is selected and played.

Thanks for reply.
I understand perfectly your point of view.
From your response I understand better the technical problems that causes this feature.
We postpone this feature to the future when there will be more powerful systems Big Grin .

Enjoy your work!
"I wish there is an mp3 in the same folder as the movies, browsing the list of films in the soundtrack should sounds fadeIn/fadeout."

Would love to see this feature as well! Don't understand why it should slowdown the system significantly? Ever tried browsing for a song in a program like "UltraStar" (SingStar clone)? That doesn't seem to affect performance or if it does… implement a feature to turn it on/off and let people decide… Anyway, I just came by to say that I'm one of those people who would love to see this feature! :-D
eppo2001 Wrote:"I wish there is an mp3 in the same folder as the movies, browsing the list of films in the soundtrack should sounds fadeIn/fadeout."

Would love to see this feature as well! Don't understand why it should slowdown the system significantly? Ever tried browsing for a song in a program like "UltraStar" (SingStar clone)? That doesn't seem to affect performance or if it does… implement a feature to turn it on/off and let people decide… Anyway, I just came by to say that I'm one of those people who would love to see this feature! :-D

Yea, and I bet "UltraStar" has code to handle this feature. XBMC does not. That's the issue here and patches are welcome.
How about you make a playlist of yoru favorite themes and have it start automatically. That way you get most of what you want with tools already at your disposal. If you are clever, you will figure out how to make the playlist focus on the most recently added movies (and their themes).
So does anyone have a workaround to add this feature? For instance editing an existing XML file to allow for an mp3 to play on startup?

It would be nice to have the option of ambient Wii-like music in the background.
just go and see TvTunes addon.
wow ppic, your amazing Smile I've been waiting for this implementation for years Smile

Although your script isn't quiet working for me right now (I assigned tunes, but they wont play), I'll have to continue messing around later, thanks so much for your work on this though wow Smile Smile
works fine for all other, i bet you've missed something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theme Music (similar to Plex) AND folder specific background ambience music?0