vobsubs
Hi,

I just can't seem to get vobssubs to work. When I start a movie with a folder inside called subs, where there is a rar file with the subs in it, then no subs is shown. I have tried to click the mouse, and choose to browse for subtitles, and then I go the subs dir, and look inside the rar file, and it looks "empty", like it can't show the extension of the file, perhaps.

In the settings I have checked to look for subs inside rar files

I don't know how to explain this in a better way, so I hope you still get what I mean Smile

And FYI, srt subs works fine for me, just the vobsubs that won't show.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brgds
Soeren
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32346
Thanks iordonez, but I had noticed that thread, but since it's not the same problem I seem to have, I didn't want to hijack his thread.

My osxbmc, seems to compeltely ignore the fact that there are vobsubs in the movie dir, and it doesn't matter if they are unrar'ed or not. It's like it's extension problem in my end, like osxbmc doesn't recognise the extension of the vobsubs

Anyone got some ideas? Smile
Have you tried extracting the vobsubs from the .rar and putting them in the same directory as your movie?

Haven't tried .rar yet (due to other VobSub problems) but I imagine that the filenames of the .idx and .sub files inside the .rar will still have to match the filename of your movie (not just the filename of the .rar)...
@lankz

Thanks for the idea. I have tried unrar'ing the vobsubs to the movie dir, but actually haven't thought about the filename thing. I was used to with my xbox, just to start the movie, and it would load the subs from rar etc Smile I'll try and have a look at the filename thing tonight

Cheers
I have the exact same problem as the threadstarter (using version 0.4.0). I will also try to extract the subs.
I think this may be related to the problem linked above after all. I tested VobSub both in a .rar and the same directory with a xvid in avi container, and no subtitles were displayed (actually, the correct subs popped up once or twice, but that was it)...
In the other thread it sounds like they are able to "load" the subs, I can't even load the subs, it's like it doesn't see them, so I can't really see it should be the same issue.
In case the filenames are the same for the .avi and the .idx/.sub .. I have to look for other possible reasons. I am wondering if there is a file that tells osxbmc which file extensions it understands for different types of media, .avi, .mpg etc for movies, and .mp3, etc for sound.. If so, where is this file and name of it please? Smile
Now I unrar'ed a subs file, and made sure both .idx and .sub had same name as the .avi file. And perhaps I have to accept that this is really the same as the other thread, because now it autoloads the subs, but shows spanis when it should show english etc.

So I'll wait for next build, see if it's solved Smile
Where is it Spanish instead of English - in the subtitle list (audio menu) or when the subtitles are displayed on screen (if they are)?

Do the subtitles you are testing with work correctly with other players (VLC for example)?

0.4.5 is out and still no joy on this one for me Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vobsubs0