• 9(current)
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?
gonesuper Wrote:@ Kricker.

Its hosted over on the sabnzb forums. Not sure if i'm allowed to post a direct link but you will see it in the 3rd party addons section. They have the most up to date version there.

The new version of sabnzb was released today which now has nzbmatrix support. Hopefully soon the xbmc plugin will control this as well. Its much cheaper than newzbin @ £10 for life and currently doesn't need an invite to join.

Would be a great setup when combined with mediarover. Basically turns your linux based xbmc setup into a full blown internet pvr system.

Mine is setup to download all my watched Tv Eps also and new 720p movies with a imdb score of 7 or higher that arn't in my library but adding nzbmatrix queuing xbmc would turn it into a tv / movie on demand box.

Only thing missing now is nzb streaming Big Grin

cant you set up nzbmatrix' rss feeds in custom feeds in this plug in ?
Gonesuper: What is it that sets the filter for the IMDB rating above 7?
I use the sabnzbd smart downloader script to search for imdb scores then filter the 720p stuff in the usual way. For grabbing tv eps I use mediarover
gonesuper Wrote:Only thing missing now is nzb streaming Big Grin

I agree. This would be an amazing and perhaps groundbreaking feature.

A few months ago, I did some research and it appears the hang up is in the way XBMC deals with multi part rar files. Currently, XBMC will not play an embedded video in RAR's with files missing as other apps do.

I would love to see a better programmer than I fix this issue Wink Thoughts/Feedback?

I can only imagine typing a selection and clicking stream right from XBMC and having it load right on my set.

Thanks for the great work.
Hey everyone, I was reading how people were wanting their movies to stream, and it seems I can start my movies / tv shows about 15-30 seconds after downloading using sabnzbd.

I am able to open up the incomplete rar set of files that are in progress of downloading and then load the video file, however it will only play up to as much as it has downloaded and then stop. I am also only allowed to play the movie, I cannot fast forward or reverse at this time.

For example, I was showing a friend. I downloaded a movie on the spot through my XBOX using this plug-in, waited about 1-2 minutes, which let the movie download about 15-20 mins of actual play time. I started the movie and watched till it reached its max data that was previously downloaded. I was able to then reopen the completed file and fast forward to where I left off and resume the rest of the movie. I have a 15Mbit connection, so it takes me about 8-10 mins to download a full 800mb video file.
@tranceology3

Did you do this within xbmc or is this using an outside media player also what OS are you using?

You can already nzb stream in windows and theres an alpha of a linux opensource streamer but i thought xbmc couldn't handle multipart rars if there were missing files.
I believe XBMC on Xbox is the only version that can do that. Crazy, I know.
I am using windows xp, with XBMC installed on one of the original xboxes.
Im curious if there is another way to make browsing specific tv shows easier.

Is there anyway I could just call the tv nzb search rss from within the tv library.

Example. I go to my library tv shows for the folder The Simpsons. It displays the beautiful graphics of all my episodes etc... I then click on a custom button called "Download Episodes" This button then starts sabnzb - starts the tv nzb search rss - inputs The Simpsons text. Then all simpsons nzbs are displayed and i just click on anyone I wanna download.

I already asked this in the sabnzbd forums..but was wondering if anyone had ideas here.
Hey guys,

This is my first post--been following xbmc for a while though and love this forum.

Anywho..

Basically, I have tried to find the version of the sabnzbd plugin with the modification to replace the newzbin imdb lookup with nzbs.org--but all of the links seem to be "used up."

Checked ad SAB forum, no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Hehe, of course, if anyone would like to take a chance on a stranger with a newzbin invite, then I suppose I wouldn't need the modded plugin.. Wink

But I sure don't see that happening, sadly... Sad

Just putting it out there branlr @ gmail
Has anyone else had issues with launching this from the favorites menu?

If I launch it from the favorites menu it will say Script Failed!

But if I launch it from the programs menu it will run fine.

A search done in this pattern never fails:
Programs -> SABnzb -> "search you want" -> Results

A search done in this pattern never fails:
Favorites -> SABnzb -> "search you want" -> Result

A search done in this pattern always fails:
Favorites -> Search results

Running Beta 2 and Confluence
bnevets27, I have gotten

Favorites -> Search results

to work using xbmc 9.04 on a regular xbox.

and on all other builds the script fails.
will someone post some sort of conceptual instructions on how one might go about modifying this so that IMDB scraper can be used for another site, like nzbmatrix?
Hi Guy's

I modified the file rss_parser.py so that IMDB is also working for http://nzbs.org in the SABnzbd-XBMC Plugin

Replace the file rss_parser.py in the folder \SABNZBD\nzb the file can be downloaded here

The unmodified plugin can be downloaded here

You have to create an account at http://nzbs.org and put the rss feeds in the settings.py

The RSS URL for http://www.nzbs.org needs authentication data.
First you need to register with the site.
Then follow these http://www.nzbs.org/index.php?action=rss
Example: http://www.nzbs.org/rss.php?action=mysea...hash>&dl=1
Both the i and h values are required and account-specific.

I hope switch (the author of SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin) will include this functionality in a new version.

Martin
I have a modified version of the SABnzbd plugin. My modified version (thanks to Amet) allows it to work with current XBMC svn builds that have a new addon manager. I've also removed dead .nzb sites from the settings and script as well as added some other mods others have done. Who's interested in giving it a whirl?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?1