• 1(current)
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?
Lightbulb 
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a python script to control and interact with SABnzbd and newbin, and possibly other nzb sites.

SABnzbd+ (http://www.sabnzbd.org) is an active branch off of the original sabnzbd, which is no longer being developed.

the latest .4.0b2 version currently features:
Major
  • Secure NNTP (SSL)
  • User-defined categories with custom download directories
  • Redesigned RSS automation
  • Secondary user interface (inc. iPhone skin)
  • KB/s download speed limiting
  • New look for the default skin
  • Skin color themes
  • Redesigned Plush skin
  • Episode folder sorting
  • Email is now done in Python, not as an extra perl script
Minor
  • Option to not download samples files in downloads
  • Option to pause downloading during post-processing
  • Improved scheduling
  • More empty-queue actions
  • Extended API
  • Script folder containing user scripts to apply to a download
  • More readable Queue ETA prediction
  • Delete individual history items
  • Extra information shown for history items
Also a very important feature of this version is that it now auto sorts the .rar's to enable streaming of files during download.

Possible resources for anyone willing to take this on:

SABnzbd Controller
- a separate controller for sabnzbd, no longer functioning
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=sabnzbd

Torrent Controller - also included a module for sabnzbd and newzbin and several other sites

HellaXBMC - a script for hellanzb(another nzb downloader)

If you have any questions or there is any way I can help let me know.
I posted this on the SABnzbd+ forums as well, and one of the SABnzbd+ devs was very interested and offered his help with the SABnzbd+ api to anyone willing to take this on.

Here's the post on SABnzbd+'s forums
http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=494.0
I've got Torrent-X working 100% with the latest version of sabnzbdPlus...Will post instructions sometime tonight, if anybody wants it.
Excellent work PainToad..

I get messages asking me to update this and Ive never got around to it. I would be happy to add you as a developer to the sources so that you can make changes and upload them so people automatically get your updates.

Im glad someone else can edit my foobar coding..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
Haha its not really a great fix, more like a dirty hack. Plan to look at a bit more on the weekend upload what I've done.
Cool, believe me theres alot of people want this to happen theyre just not very vocal about it..We might have to get a list of nzb sites to create modules for..
Here's one I'd like to see one for.

http://www.newzbin.com/
after looking at SABnzbd+, I see that it supports the site that I just listed, I'll have to check that out when I get out of this horrible place called work.
My hack, which will be out 'when-its-done', will only work with tvnzb.
We should be able to make it compatible for all which were NZBSRUS, NZBMATRIX, TVNZB AND NEWZBIN although I cant remember how much of NEWZBIN i got working as I dont use NEWZBIN myself and it was just changing over to v3..

Maybe could setup BINSEARCH and NEWZLEECH aswell.

What I really wanted to do was to create an option to stream files from the source, but the guy working on the xbox code dropped off the planet..
i looked into streaming from RAR awhile back with sabnzbd... it's possible to set the complete and incomplete directory to the same place and make sure the +Delete option is NOT set -- this would leave the RARs in place even after the download is complete. I'm pretty sure XBMC is supposed to support playing from an incomplete RAR set, so theoretically you could write a python script to fire off the sab download, watch the directory for a few RARs to show, then tell XBMC to start playing from the directory containing the growing RAR set. The developer of sabnzbd says that he's already reording the RARs. Assuming you string all the pieces together, one remaining thing that may or may not be an issue is whether XBMC is smart enough to start playing cd2 after cd1 is complete in the situation where the movie has been split up.
I made a small script yesterday for adding downloads to sabnzbd. It browses content from RSS feeds as I'm not too interested going through the pain that is screen scrapping.

Development hit some limitations, mainly due to newzbin auth strings changing for different feed ruling out searching newzbin Sad If the site you use is has rss feeds that you can view without logging in, add them to the menu in settings.py. Newzbin will work as it has an authorization key.

You need to open settings.py to add newzbin rss feeds and your sabnzbd settings. The script is in a very early form, so this isn't a "proper" release.

Code:
SABnzbd Plugin
v1.0
================
1) Extract to XBMC\plugins\Video
2) Make sure sabnzbd is listening on your local ip address unless sabnzbd and xbmc are running on the same machine
3) Open up settings.py, Enter in your sabnzbd ip address in "sab_host"
4) Replace 'enter your rss feed here' with your newzbin RSS feeds
5) Add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.0.zip
Made a couple of improvements, more specifically can now search newzbin, opening up a lot more content. May also have a way to browse all TV and Movies in an organised manner. You will need to enter in your newzbin settings in settings.py for newzbin items to show.

Code:
Changelog
================
-Added searching of nzb files from newzbin
-Added support for running a password protected sabnzbd
-Changed newzbin to use username and password for authentication
-Added more error messages to help debug
-Added file sizes for newzbin feeds
-Added icons for nzb downloads
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.1.zip
Code:
Changelog
================
-Fixed newzbin cookies, dummy user/pass was being sent
-Fixed adding newzbin files
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.2.zip
sw1tch Wrote:
Code:
Changelog
================
-Fixed newzbin cookies, dummy user/pass was being sent
-Fixed adding newzbin files
SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.2.zip

Nice, this is pretty awesome so far. Could you add in support to remove items from the sabnzbd queue perhaps? 'deleting the video' does nothing when in the queue section.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?1