AC3/DTS Divx sounds like garbage..
hi, i have a dvd which i used autogk to make an xvid, i chose AC3/DTS on the audio preferences to keep the AC3 file knowing that tha macbook can output it with a toslink adapter.

The file works great on windows media player and VLC on OSx but on XBMC it sounds like garbage, video plays fine. Any thoughts?
If you want to upload a sample to my .mac account (public folder, user name ordonezi) I can test it on my setup.
adrianc1982 Wrote:it sounds like garbage, video plays fine. Any thoughts?

I might have thoughts if you could be a bit more descriptive. Encoded digital audio either sounds perfect or sounds like static (meaning the receiver didn't pick up on the encoding).

I know what garbage smells like, but I don't know what it sounds like.

-elan
iordonez Wrote:If you want to upload a sample to my .mac account (public folder, user name ordonezi) I can test it on my setup.

i dont have a .mac account Sad

Ill try to look somewhere to upload, i can upload the whole thing but the problem is where, the file is 1.2gb. its an xvid about cirque du soleli...

works fine under any regular player, but not with xbmc, i encoded the audio as AC3/DTS with autogk under windows... seems like a codec error to me, but works fine with any player on my mac but not with xbmc. Ill try to upload a sample somewhere..
elan Wrote:I might have thoughts if you could be a bit more descriptive. Encoded digital audio either sounds perfect or sounds like static (meaning the receiver didn't pick up on the encoding).

I know what garbage smells like, but I don't know what it sounds like.

-elan

well, i havent hooked it up to a receiver yet, my mac doesnt play it, my mac is the one that sounds like static and garbage, not a receiver problem. Its like a codec error. lemme look for a rapidshare right now.. ill be back in 10...
uploading a sample right now..
should take like 30 minutes to upload, its a 50mb file, 4 minutes long, just checked it works with quicktime but doesnt with xbmc, you dont have to have a hometheatre, wont play the audio fine with xbmc as it is...
heres the sample, had to cut it to 1 minute, thats around 15 megas, because it was a nightmare to upload, anyhow heres the link

http://uploading.com/files/WAM1NB1C/samplee.zip.html
adrianc1982 Wrote:heres the sample, had to cut it to 1 minute, thats around 15 megas, because it was a nightmare to upload, anyhow heres the link

http://uploading.com/files/WAM1NB1C/samplee.zip.html

Sample played fine on my MBP using internal speakers... Make sure you have the Settings -> System -> Audio Hardware -> Audio Output set to Analog.
iordonez Wrote:Sample played fine on my MBP using internal speakers... Make sure you have the Settings -> System -> Audio Hardware -> Audio Output set to Analog.

Thanks that fixed it, i guess the other movies i was playing didnt have AC3/DTS on them and thats why XBMC was playing the audio on those correctly.

So i guess when i hook up a hometheatre i have to enable this option, again. Okay, sorry, for the post, im such a newbie to xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3/DTS Divx sounds like garbage..0