Kodi - unable to connect to remote server -problem!
Thanks I'll trouble shoot and remove all old addons that are Blacklisted.
I have gone through all my add-ons and repositories and removed all that were on the ban list on your link. Now how should I go about making sure I got them all? Should I upload another log?
Yes, upload the new log, and review it.

Some banned addons (wiki) are notorious for leaving running scripts behind even after you uninstall them. If you see those then you'll need to go in and remove them yourself. Ideally via an external file manager without Kodi running if possible, if not you can try via the built in one in kodi.

If you're not sure then link the log here and we can advise if there are any rogue orphans than need removing, and if you've got all the main ones.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-05-29, 19:03)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, upload the new log, and review it.

Some banned addons (wiki) are notorious for leaving running scripts behind even after you uninstall them. If you see those then you'll need to go in and remove them yourself. Ideally via an external file manager without Kodi running if possible, if not you can try via the built in one in kodi.

If you're not sure then link the log here and we can advise if there are any rogue orphans than need removing, and if you've got all the main ones.
Here it is seem strange to me let me know. https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/NPhTmdZXnR/
Only one orphan that I can see from a quick look:

13:43:06.183 T:37756 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.tvaddons.debug.log has been installed.'

Get rid of that manually and then your install looks junk free.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-05-30, 07:46)DarrenHill Wrote: Only one orphan that I can see from a quick look:

13:43:06.183 T:37756 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.tvaddons.debug.log has been installed.'

Get rid of that manually and then your install looks junk free.
 Great! So do I manually delete the file cpluff.dill from Kodi?
(2018-05-30, 21:40)Ices Wrote: So do I manually delete the file cpluff.dill from Kodi?
No, you remove the repository that holds any tvaddons and any addons installed from it.
(2018-05-30, 21:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-05-30, 21:40)Ices Wrote: So do I manually delete the file cpluff.dill from Kodi?
No, you remove the repository that holds any tvaddons and any addons installed from it. 
So how do I remove that manually as stated before?
You need to go to your addons folder, ideally in file manager outside Kodi (with kodi not running).

You can find it in

C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

In there you should find sub folders for each addon, including one for script.tvaddons.debug.log . Delete that whole folder (the script.tvaddons.debug.log one). That will remove the addon (the script in this case) and kodi will fix up its addons database next time you start it.

Edited to correct the path as we're now talking about a Windows install (in an Android section thread).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-05-30, 22:11)DarrenHill Wrote: You need to go to your addons folder, ideally in file manager outside Kodi (with kodi not running).

You can find it in

C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

In there you should find sub folders for each addon, including one for script.tvaddons.debug.log . Delete that whole folder (the script.tvaddons.debug.log one). That will remove the addon (the script in this case) and kodi will fix up its addons database next time you start it.

Edited to correct the path as we're now talking about a Windows install (in an Android section thread).
Thanks for your help I deleted the folder. I started Kodi and i get a dialog in top right: could not load challist.
Then it looks like it's got its tentacles in even deeper. Yet another reason why we love this piracy malware so much...

At this point I'd strongly recommend doing a complete fresh install - if you uninstall kodi, delete C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and then reinstall you'll get a factory fresh install without any of the nasty stuff, but of course you'll need to start again (and be more selective and careful about what you install).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-05-30, 23:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Then it looks like it's got its tentacles in even deeper. Yet another reason why we love this piracy malware so much...

At this point I'd strongly recommend doing a complete fresh install - if you uninstall kodi, delete C:\Users\frede\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and then reinstall you'll get a factory fresh install without any of the nasty stuff, but of course you'll need to start again (and be more selective and careful about what you install).
 Great! Thanks for all the help I will wipe and clean install. So happy Tvdb is up and we scan now.
Is the TVDB Api offline again? Installed Kodi 18 64 Bit yesterday on Win10 and get this connection error...

Or maybe some bits and pieces are still missing after the installation?

Mogwai72

Oops, sorry, I just saw that this thread is in the Android section, sorry. Think i will open a new case since i still couldn't find a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - unable to connect to remote server -problem!0