Confirmed .mp4 playback
I am testing on a amd64 3000+ 1gb 667 ram on a 6150/430 board. All bios settings are stock.

I am streaming a vid only Total_Recall.mp4 (1920 x 1023). there is a little buffering with the processor I am using but it loads up full screen and starts playing right away. I tried to load the DTS-HD version but would not stop buffering so I am re-encoding the AC3 track now and will mux them and let you know.

The only issue I found was if you Ffwd to 16 or 32 and then hit play it dumps xbmc. I will try and recreate this and make sure it was not me.

WOO HOO - just to get VOB's working and I will be building a new HTPC out of this thing.

Thanks Everybody. This is AWESOME.

Regards,

Dave
Update. Plays back with the AC3 encoded with NeroAAC 6 channel s in tact. Sync is off due to processor speed but it does play back. As for the Ffwd problem I think it is an issue with my MCE remote setup will check into that. It sure did not like that DTS-HD Track. I found a demuxer that will convert the DTS -HD track to just plain DTS bitstream I just cannot remember which one it is.

Now is Linux hardware dependent what I am asking is this. I have a AMD64 4200+ with 2gb of 800 ram on a Asus M2NPV-VM sitting in the corner. Can I install that into this machine without huge hard issues or shall I reload Ubuntu.

Thanks all,

Dave
I'd reinstall if I were you. It might work as is but if you don't reinstall it'll probably bite you in the ass later and you'll end up debugging for hours.
SandmanCL Wrote:I'd reinstall if I were you. It might work as is but if you don't reinstall it'll probably bite you in the ass later and you'll end up debugging for hours.

Sandman,

Yes I dropped in the board and stuff this am. it booted ok and seemed to find everything fine. Then when I started playing with XBMC again is where I ran into issues. So I did a clean install and blew away the windows partition at the same time. made a bigger swap file and Fat32 windows partition this time around. It was good Value anyhow to do everything a 2nd time to get used to the Ubuntu setup.

I have not tried the playback yet. It work fine in mplayer from the desktop until I go full screen and then see some light chop and the audio falls out of sync. I will test some more. I am trying to move my userdata backups from one of my xboxes over to save some time with Scraping. 800 Movies take a while.

regards,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confirmed .mp4 playback0