Kodi 17.6 - Default filenames for movie setart posters and fanart...
Hi Folks,

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my movie database and am having trouble with artwork for movie sets.

All my posters and fanart artwork is manually downloaded and stored in a folder with the movies belonging to the set - for example

/media/movies
      .../taken
            .../folder.jpg
            .../fanart.jpg
            .../Taken.mkv
            .../Taken 2.mkv
            .../Taken 3.mkv

After checking wiki I've tried folder.jpg/poster.jpg/fanart.jpg/movieset-poster.jpg and movieset-fanart.jpg but none of them seems to be picked up and applied to the movie set as expected.

I guess I could do this manually but I've got something approaching 80 sets to update and I'd like a futureproof solution in case this happens again.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Couch
Hello couch potatoe

It's hard to say if you are missing something as you haven't provided any info. But if it is not working, I would have to say probably yes.

If you had truly read the wiki as you state, then you would know the issue with Movieset Artwork and how to overcome it.

As for the other types of artwork. the name is dependent on your folder structure. So if you look at the coloured tables for each artwork type, you will see the required name for a particular folder/file structure. Confirm you are using the correct naming convention.

If your example is an indication how you store your movies, then Yes! you have definitely named the artwork incorrectly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 - Default filenames for movie setart posters and fanart...0