Apple remote slow response?
Something i've been having problems with for a while which i thoguht would ultimately be fixed, but its still problematic. When using the keyboard for navigation, the interface is snappy and fast, but when using the apple remote, its much slower going between menus up down, and also going thoguh lists. its almost like if i press the down button 5 times, but the end of the fifth press the curson ahs only made its way half way down the list.
i know there are some improvements in the works for apple remote, are they in relation to this slow response? or other things? am i the only one having this problem for whatever reasons?

Also, when using the os x skin on xbmc in some places pressing menu doesn't take you to the previosu screen, most noticable when you go into system meny menu doesnt take you back to the initial screen. i've noticed this on other screens aswell at times. is this an xbmc problem or a skin issue? how to fix?
oh and quick fyi to my second point about menu and back button, i think it is actually an osx xbmc issue, as i use the same skin on the xp xbmc, and it doesn't have the same issue with menus. also remote response time is perfect on xp.
Yes, you should see faster response in future releases due to apple remotes. The (possible) reason it is slow is XBMC is waiting to see if you do a double click.
nmirza Wrote:Something i've been having problems with for a while which i thoguht would ultimately be fixed, but its still problematic. When using the keyboard for navigation, the interface is snappy and fast, but when using the apple remote, its much slower going between menus up down, and also going thoguh lists. its almost like if i press the down button 5 times, but the end of the fifth press the curson ahs only made its way half way down the list.
i know there are some improvements in the works for apple remote, are they in relation to this slow response? or other things? am i the only one having this problem for whatever reasons?

Also, when using the os x skin on xbmc in some places pressing menu doesn't take you to the previosu screen, most noticable when you go into system meny menu doesnt take you back to the initial screen. i've noticed this on other screens aswell at times. is this an xbmc problem or a skin issue? how to fix?

This is due to the funktion of the Apple remote. It has very few buttons, but the buttons have more functions than one. You can press once, double-press or press and hold. That means that the event-handler on the MAC that recieve the signal have to wait to see if another click is coming or not before sending a event to the active application.
/Starg4ze

---

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple remote slow response?0