kodi 17.6 ignores advancedsettings.xml
I show you something: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/17.....6-Krypton <- whatever broke your Advancedsettings (you don't even use kodi - but a rebranded, patched version called OSMC) it was not done by us.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What a pain!

Cheers fritsch, I'll refer back to them.
Perhaps it's the skin - that just ignores it? Try switching to Estuary?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I even built a 17.6 from scratch to verify. For testing I used:

<advancedsettings>
 <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

That way I have hidden the "Enable Debuglogging" switch :-) and *taddaaaa* it's not there. Works perfectly with 17.6.

Stopping kodi, removing this line -> and it's back.

Can we now agree that advancedsettings.xml is properly read?
I tried enabling the debug part, and that worked, so as you say it's reading the advancedsettings.

I ended up deleting the "myVideos.db" file under .kodi/userdata/Database and rescanned the library, all is working correctly again so perhaps the database file got corrupted somehow

Thanks for your help Smile
(2017-12-20, 15:32)fritsch Wrote: Android: No support -> not implemented for GLES
RPI: Are you serious?
x86: works -> just verified on X11 with GL

Post a Debug Log, please
Hi fritsch
It works with linux !! I changed the option "enable HQ scaler" back from 80% to 20% Smile
I understand that spline36 optimized and above are not supported in Android. It also seems that I can't change the rendering method from auto.
(2017-12-21, 14:18)Bob95 Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 15:32)fritsch Wrote: Android: No support -> not implemented for GLES
RPI: Are you serious?
x86: works -> just verified on X11 with GL

Post a Debug Log, please
Hi fritsch
It works with linux !! I changed the option "enable HQ scaler" back from 80% to 20% Smile
I understand that spline36 optimized and above are not supported in Android. It also seems that I can't change the rendering method from auto. 

Mmh. Remember I introduced this "Enbale HQ Scaler" setting, as it basically makes absolutely no sense to upscale e.g. 1080p to 1080p screen. This puts heavy load on the GPU while outcome is very limited. 20% is good though. That means, if you watch 720p on a 1080p screen: (1080-720) / 1080 = 33 % - perfect.
My advancedsettings are working on 17.6 on ubuntu fyi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.6 ignores advancedsettings.xml0